The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pogba played really well, the way he just runs past people is amazing to watch :u: I feel like our team has starts everywhere and a lot of players who get me excited, Its like we're a big club again. There is danger everywhere Martial Mata Rooney Ibra Pogba Shaw Valencia even Fellaini !
i hope that mou dont bench martial as he will lose confidence and worst be like Memphis
Mou needs to stop teasing us and just bench Fellaini and Mata

Schnei & Mkhi pls
Slightly worried all this Mkhitaryan on the bench stuff could influence his play. He still played well when he came on and looked determined to get things done but there is only so long someone can bare joining a new club after being bundesliga player of the year and not getting a sniff at starting.

Don't think he's going to get the Kagawa treatment but he has played well enough and while Mata has been fine he's not done anything particularly special thus far yano?
Original post by Manchester United
Mou needs to stop teasing us and just bench Fellaini and Mata

Schnei & Mkhi pls

Fellaini has done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped.

One of Rooney/Mata will be benched for Mkhitaryan by October. Guarantee it.
Don't think it'll take until October tbh. I reckon benching Mkhitaryan is just about not having too many new players in the 11. Ibra and Pogba were always going to play, and he's gone with Bailly at the back, so Mata is just giving a bit of stability. But the early signs are that those 3 are adjusting okay, so there's less risk in bringing in Mkhitaryan.
Original post by sr90
Fellaini has done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped.

One of Rooney/Mata will be benched for Mkhitaryan by October. Guarantee it.

As long as you keep Fellaini in a defensive position and make sure he doesn't do his usual red card offences, he could be a really useful player for you.

Always hated him and never understood why he wanted to be more attacking, but in all honesty he's not a bad guy to have in front of your defensive because of his size and relative experience.

Rooney is a step off the pace and I can't see Mourinho persisting with Mata. Not when you have Mkhitaryan on the bench.
Reply 2527
Original post by Louis.
Don't think it'll take until October tbh. I reckon benching Mkhitaryan is just about not having too many new players in the 11. Ibra and Pogba were always going to play, and he's gone with Bailly at the back, so Mata is just giving a bit of stability. But the early signs are that those 3 are adjusting okay, so there's less risk in bringing in Mkhitaryan.

Yeah I thought this too. Mou dont like a lot of rotation early on. I reckon after the cup game.
Annoying thing about the Mkhitaryan situation is you know once Mou eases him in he's going to be a fixture in the 11. I do agree with the rational though, I think Jose wants to slide him into a functioning team. He's bigger and faster than Mata so I can see why he'd be preferred on the RW there where he's going to be expected to push on past Zlatan. That said, Mata is clearly working really hard, his pressing and closing down game is light years ahead of where it was under LVG, as his goal against Bournmouth showed. He's never going to be a physical threat but I can't fault his work rate at present.

With Pogba in the side now, I feel Mata has more of a chance, our team is actually pretty beast physically. I disagree with Jam about the reason for height, I think its more a defensive issue than a attacking reason, but we can nearly put out a 6ft+ team. Once we get the defensive positioning sorted, with a keeper like DDG guarding against long shots, if we want to close out a game not that many side will feel optimistic swing balls into a box with Bailly, Smalling, Pogba, Fellaini, and DDG in goal.
I suspect Jose is also using Mkhitaryan to try and get Mata/Rooney to up their game. He's putting pressure on their place.
Excited to see Mkhitaryan play. Offers another threat with his forward runs and can take on a man. Right side will be much stronger with him in and Valencia showing his old form.
Referring has been shocking in the league so far.
Original post by Rk2k14
Referring has been shocking in the league so far.

What are you referring to?
All these interviews I've seen of Pogba, he seems so genuinely happy that he's back playing for us. Either that or he's a brilliant actor.
Original post by qasidb
What are you referring to?

General decisions across the league.

Costa somehow escaping red cards, second yellows and penalty decisions to name a few.
Original post by Rk2k14
General decisions across the league.

Costa somehow escaping red cards, second yellows and penalty decisions to name a few.

Congrats on your results btw
Original post by qasidb
All these interviews I've seen of Pogba, he seems so genuinely happy that he's back playing for us. Either that or he's a brilliant actor.

Pogba just loves lyf. He'd be happy at anyone who could pay him the money to keep up his lifestyle.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Congrats on your results btw

Thanks mate
If Pogba was any bigger
First highlights package for our highlights player.

Must try harder.

Latest