The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

I've been to Edexcel's page for the AEA award. The page is poorly set and there is no information of when the next tests are to be sat(or previous dates). I just finished learning the C3 and C4 , I know that the paper tests/advances skills in C1-C4. Do you have to pay to sit the paper like you do for STEP. Around what time of the year are the papers sat?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
I've been to Edexcel's page for the AEA award. The page is poorly set and there is no information of when the next tests are to be sat(or previous dates). I just finished learning the C3 and C4 , I know that the paper tests/advances skills in C1-C4. Do you have to pay to sit the paper like you do for STEP. Around what time of the year are the papers sat?

AEA is normally sat at the very end of June each year. It has to be paid for the same as any other edexcel exam is.
Original post by physicsmaths
Yep!
A slightly more general question.
Were number of 1,1+ increased this year?
Obviously the student room is not a good sample but it seems alot of people got 1,1+. Were number generally the same at other years?

one of my friend who had 11(very high) got pooled to trinity hall, {altho his offer was S1}

28th June 2017 a.m.

The information about AEA is included in the A level information.

Try this page:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/advanced-extension-award-mathematics-2008.html
Original post by tiny hobbit
28th June 2017 a.m.

The information about AEA is included in the A level information.

Try this page:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/advanced-extension-award-mathematics-2008.html
I clicked on A Level Maths. I can't find the information regarding the date

It remains fairly constant give or take a few days anyway so it's not too big a deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
It remains fairly constant give or take a few days anyway so it's not too big a deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!
Is anyone who missed their offer coming to Warwick? It seems like everyone who is rejected is reapplying next year. :frown:

The exam timetables are here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/exam-timetables.html

Again, follow through the links for A level Maths.
Original post by tiny hobbit
The exam timetables are here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/exam-timetables.html

Again, follow through the links for A level Maths.
Thanks I found it! :smile:
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Yeah got accepted by Warwick, definitely not reapplying to Cambridge but really, really would have liked to have been accepted first time round.

Sorry I haven't been following. If you don't mind me asking, how come you are not accepted in Cambridge with your great results in STEP?
Original post by Melanie Leconte
Sorry I haven't been following. If you don't mind me asking, how come you are not accepted in Cambridge with your great results in STEP?

He was rejected in Jan, probably just a bad interview in his part tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melanie Leconte

Because I messed up the pre-interview test so badly that the interviewer had already given up on me before the interview lol. Probably concluded there was no way I could handle STEP.
Original post by Christ's Admissions
I believe the errors were reported to students on Thursday, having been identified on Wednesday. As far as I am aware only four grades were changed as a result of the errors.

How on earth did that happen?!?! It does beg the question of whether there are more errors. I assume once the first error was spotted people didn't go through every script again...
Original post by shamika
How on earth did that happen?!?! It does beg the question of whether there are more errors. I assume once the first error was spotted people didn't go through every script again...

Also doesn't 'only four grades (not marks) were changed' mean that there were a lot more than 4 errors?
Because I messed up the pre-interview test so badly that the interviewer had already given up on me before the interview lol. Probably concluded there was no way I could handle STEP.

Well, they got ur step grades so they will regret it massively that they missed a good student.
Original post by physicsmaths
Well, they got ur step grades so they will regret it massively that they missed a good student.

Yeah I guess but it's a loss for me too...
Is anyone who missed their offer coming to Warwick? It seems like everyone who is rejected is reapplying next year. :frown:

I am X)
Original post by Chimaera
I am X)

Nice! :smile:
Nice! :smile:

:smile: Missed my Imperial offer, my STEP grades were as I expected, plus I missed the A* for Further as well XP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending