The Student Room Group

Who is resitting Edexcel Maths C1 next year due to the difficult paper set in May 16'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TianaEsther
I think me retaking will greatly depend on how I find the workload in all my subjects next year, I heard C3 and C4 help to solidify your knowledge in C1 so I'm considering it. My UMS was 88.

Would definitely recommend you resit it. C1 will seem like a breeze and you'd be guaranteed over 90 UMS if you resat it after studying C3/4
I'll be re-sitting if I'm allowed to. I got 78 UMS because I made lots of stupid mistakes which were completely my fault for spending too much time on one of the questions and then only having 15 minutes to do the last three questions which were very mark-heavy. And then I got the right answers for the last question but crossed them out and wrote something else because I assumed that they were wrong since I had rushed it.
Original post by iMacJack
While I agree it got harder, people cannot complain. Do they really expect Edexcel to carry on giving out the same trivial exams? If they did that what would they be giving someone a grade based on, their actual mathematical ability, or their ability to recite a method from an older paper?

Yeah I definitely agree, by the time I realised I needed to revise I only had enough time to do past papers so that was my main form of revision which I guess was mine, as well as a lot of other people's downfall.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Would definitely recommend you resit it. C1 will seem like a breeze and you'd be guaranteed over 90 UMS if you resat it after studying C3/4

This is really boosting my confidence, I guess there's no harm in retaking it as my mark can't really go down unless I do a LOT worse.
Stop being pussys, don't blame the paper for your shortfalls. That's weak character if anything.
Original post by TianaEsther
This is really boosting my confidence, I guess there's no harm in retaking it as my mark can't really go down unless I do a LOT worse.

Also I'm not sure what it's like for your year, but in my year (2015) they took your best mark out of the two resits of the modules
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Also I'm not sure what it's like for your year, but in my year (2015) they took your best mark out of the two resits of the modules

Oh okay that's great, I'm still on the old specification for maths so fingers crossed that applies to me :biggrin:
Reply 47
Always retake C1 if possible in the A2 year. You use lots of C1 in the further modules, so you are basically revising it whilst revising C2/3/4. I got pretty high in my C1 (admittedly a while ago...) but still retook and boosted it to 100. It is possible for anyone to get full marks.
I can say as a A2 resit I can understand why people would have done badly. However, people complaining about the whole numbers should learn to use fractions. At least the c2 exam was relatively easy

Quick Reply

Latest