The Student Room Group

At what point in your life did you realise that you weren't a kid anymore?

Scroll to see replies

When I looked down at the lifeless form in front of me and saw the blood on my hands, dripping onto the concrete floor. That's when I realised.
When I moved into halls at uni was a pretty adult like moment but I think I will truly feel like an adult when I get married or if one of my parents passes away God forbid
Original post by retro_turtles
excluding age

probably when I passed my driving test, moved into sixth form, became more independent with my work, driving around on my own and talking about going to uni! :smile:
Reply 23
29 now, still feel like im faking adult
Literally yesterday I wrote down text books to get off Amazon and handed the list to my dad- "A2" was swirling around my head wtf I'm sitting my A Levels next year I'm in my last year of school wtaf
pffffft I ain't no adult
Still haven't
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
When my uterus started to shed every month.

Really? If I had say an 11 year old daughter who started her period, I wouldn't start treating her as an adult on that basis alone. Seems a bit harsh.
when i made my first thousand
Original post by Twinpeaks
Really? If I had say an 11 year old daughter who started her period, I wouldn't start treating her as an adult on that basis alone. Seems a bit harsh.

I'm just joking. The thing I was going to say was taken :tongue:
People actually experience this?
Even though I've always been quite mature for my age I think I realized it around the time I was about to start sixth form
When my dentist asked me to pay £20 for a check-up.:redface:
Reply 33
When i finished secondary school, now waiting to go sixth form lool
Original post by Technetium
When my dentist asked me to pay £20 for a check-up.:redface:

What age was this lol
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
What age was this lol

I was 20 haha.
Original post by Technetium
I was 20 haha.

Oh damn what haha I thought if you'd be older than 22 or if you were still in education/uni you'd get it for free :tongue:
The point at which I realised I could probably cook a full meal with a homemade sauce without burning the house down.

Quick Reply

Latest