The Student Room Group

White supremacist stabs interracial couple

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
So, apparently one user wanted to say something to me on this thread but was too scared so took it to the inbox :lol:

I didn't even bother report it, the fact that I pushed your buttons to the point that you felt the need to create a new account to say this to me is highly amusing.
TSR.png

"Negress" sounds like some form of Nubian royalty. Can I be one too? :lol:

Original post by jake4198
How many people have died at the hands of Trump extremists this year?

How many people have died at the hands of radical Islam this year?

This topic isn't to discuss how dangerous overseas terrorism is

WBZ is pointing out how the entire Muslim population is somehow responsible for a group of jackwads in the middle east, and clearly share the same views as ISIS. They remain hardcore jihadists, until the moment that they hold a sign saying "No to terrorism" in the middle of a city and have journalists photograph them as proof. Until that point, they are scum of the earth who don't belong in our country.

No where else in the world would we expect people to apologise for crimes that have nothing to do with them!

The Black Lives Matter movement doesn't feel an obligation to expose the radical aspects of its membership, such as the New Black Panther Party, so why should Donald Trump supporters have to expose the radical aspects of its supporters given that there are radical aspects of every political movement?

The New Black Panther party has been around for far longer than BLM have! If anything, they're the same as EDF is to UKIP. Rampant racists clinging to whatever they can

And that's the point: both cases are ridiculous
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Another

This topic isn't to discuss how dangerous overseas terrorism is

WBZ is pointing out how the entire Muslim population is somehow responsible for a group of jackwads in the middle east, and clearly share the same views as ISIS. They remain hardcore jihadists, until the moment that they hold a sign saying "No to terrorism" in the middle of a city and have journalists photograph them as proof. Until that point, they are scum of the earth who don't belong in our country.

No where else in the world would we expect people to apologise for crimes that have nothing to do with them!

The New Black Panther party has been around for far longer than BLM have! If anything, they're the same as EDF is to UKIP. Rampant racists clinging to whatever they can

And that's the point: both cases are ridiculous

No one, except a small minority, are proclaiming that the actions of Islam extremists represent the view of an entire people. However, the alienation towards Muslims is more than because of the actions of radicals in Syria and Iraq. As I quoted before, Muslims in the UK struggle to assimilate into western society with their views on women and homosexuality showing to be very troublesome.
Original post by Another

Come to think of it, it really does :laugh:
The Black Lives Matter movement doesn't feel an obligation to expose the radical aspects of its membership, such as the New Black Panther Party, so why should Donald Trump supporters have to expose the radical aspects of its supporters given that there are radical aspects of every political movement?

Do you have collective guilt because black people in the US are responsible for over 50% of the country's murders? Or because black people are responsible for 48% of all knife crime in London? If not, why not? Because by your logic you should feel collective responsibility for the actions of others.

rgrgr.PNG

For the same reason that people give not to hold White people responsible for atrocities committed by Whites such as the mass invasion of other countries but think it's OK to hold Muslims responsible: being Black is not a choice, being a Trump supporter is. Nobody is born a Trump supporter.

I already said (and how many more times do I need to say it?) that I do not believe that Trump supporters should be held collectively responsible for any crimes. My point is that if it's OK to do it to Muslims but not OK to do it to Trump supporters then that is a double standard, simple as. My OP was sarcastic, reflecting the multiple posts on this forum and elsewhere that demand that Muslims "prove" that they are peaceful by condemning extremists, holding demos and so forth.
No one, except a small minority, are proclaiming that the actions of Islam extremists represent the view of an entire people. However, the alienation towards Muslims is more than because of the actions of radicals in Syria and Iraq. As I quoted before, Muslims in the UK struggle to assimilate into western society with their views on women and homosexuality showing to be very troublesome.

I would say it's a large minority from what I've seen, but maybe it's the biggest idiots with the loudest voices

Radical islamists, views on women, blatant disrespect for the native population, a strong desire to alienate themselves from the rest of the community and praise of Sharia Law certainly don't help. But that only accounts for a small number of communities - we'll derail the thread at this rate :smile:
Original post by WBZ144
For the same reason that people give not to hold White people responsible for atrocities committed by Whites such as the mass invasion of other countries but think it's OK to hold Muslims responsible: being Black is not a choice, being a Trump supporter is. Nobody is born a Trump supporter.

I already said (and how many more times do I need to say it?) that I do not believe that Trump supporters should be held collectively responsible for any crimes. My point is that if it's OK to do it to Muslims but not OK to do it to Trump supporters then that is a double standard, simple as. My OP was sarcastic, reflecting the multiple posts on this forum and elsewhere that demand that Muslims "prove" that they are peaceful by condemning extremists, holding demos and so forth.

It's acceptable to scutinise Islam because it has been directly responsible for the deaths of over 10,000 people this year alone, not to mention the atrocious laws which are in place in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Islam has failed to assimilate into western society because radical conservatism is still of pertinence in the Islamic community, hence why their views on equality and homosexuality are unacceptable by western standards.

Only a small minority of people are idiotic enough to berate an entire people because of the actions of radicals in Syria and Iraq. However, that doesn't mitigate the backward ideological adherence of Islam by its followers in many countries which have a sizable Muslim population. A collaboration of research concluded in 2013 shows that an estimated 600 million Muslims possess social and political views which would be considered radical by progressive national governments. As I mentioned before, more than half of Muslims in the UK believe homosexuality should be illegal and an uncomfortable number believe a woman should always obey their husband. Although it's wrong to demean all Muslims, it isn't wrong to demean Islam and the radical members who preach intolerance.

There is no hypocrisy in the media. The reason why people are quick to criticise the actions of radical Islam is because of its persistent presence in inflicting absolute misery on innocent people here at home and afar. Islam has more presence in the media because the actions of its followers are more newsworthy, such as the radical preacher who was sentenced a few days ago and the systemic evidence showing that Muslim communities struggle to integrate into British society.

Some nice videos for you there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1Pn71kFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47-epAfUKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcAN0t6GrI

If Trump supporters are so racist, then explain the overwhelming tolerance black Trump supporters get over social media.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's acceptable to scutinise Islam because it has been directly responsible for the deaths of over 10,000 people this year alone, not to mention the atrocious laws which are in place in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Islam has failed to assimilate into western society because radical conservatism is still of pertinence in the Islamic community, hence why their views on equality and homosexuality are unacceptable by western standards.

Only a small minority of people are idiotic enough to berate an entire people because of the actions of radicals in Syria and Iraq. However, that doesn't mitigate the backward ideological adherence of Islam by its followers in many countries which have a sizable Muslim population. A collaboration of research concluded in 2013 shows that an estimated 600 million Muslims possess social and political views which would be considered radical by progressive national governments. As I mentioned before, more than half of Muslims in the UK believe homosexuality should be illegal and an uncomfortable number believe a woman should always obey their husband. Although it's wrong to demean all Muslims, it isn't wrong to demean Islam and the radical members who preach intolerance.

There is no hypocrisy in the media. The reason why people are quick to criticise the actions of radical Islam is because of its persistent presence in inflicting absolute misery on innocent people here at home and afar. Islam has more presence in the media because the actions of its followers are more newsworthy, such as the radical preacher who was sentenced a few days ago and the systemic evidence showing that Muslim communities struggle to integrate into British society.

Some nice videos for you there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1Pn71kFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47-epAfUKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcAN0t6GrI

If Trump supporters are so racist, then explain the overwhelming tolerance black Trump supporters get over social media.

You're way off topic now :smile:. I didn't ask for an essay on what Islam teaches (I would already know, as it's a religion that I grew up with). This was about holding Muslims collectively responsible for the actions of extremists and nothing else, as it obviously wouldn't be seen as fair if the same was applied to another group (Trump supporters on this occasion). If it's only a small minority that does this then they are very vocal.

I'm not a Trump supporter on social media, only they will know how they are treated. Nevertheless, that doesn't negate some of the concerns that ethnic minorities have had on Trump and some of his supporters, but I digress.
Original post by WBZ144
When talking about why he did it, he cited Donald Trump rallies and BLM protests.

BLM are utter scum, I'm not surmised that they could annoy someone so much that an individual decides to attack someone out of sheer anger.
Original post by WBZ144
You're way off topic now :smile:. I didn't ask for an essay on what Islam teaches (I would already know, as it's a religion that I grew up with). This was about holding Muslims collectively responsible for the actions of extremists and nothing else, as it obviously wouldn't be seen as fair if the same was applied to another group (Trump supporters on this occasion). If it's only a small minority that does this then they are very vocal.

I'm not a Trump supporter on social media, only they will know how they are treated. Nevertheless, that doesn't negate some of the concerns that ethnic minorities have had on Trump and some of his supporters, but I digress.

In Pakistan, 9% of people support ISIS and only 28% of people call them unfavourable.

In Senegal, 11% of people support ISIS.

In Nigeria, 14% of people support ISIS.

In Malaysia, 11% of people support ISIS.

What percentage of Trump supporters do you believe would support an ideology that would include terrorising an innocent couple because of their skin colour?

On the issue of race, it's natural being a minority to worry about disgusting elements of society which perpetrate racism. My mum is mixed race - and so a large number of my family are black Caribbeans from the Dominican Republic. I will denounce racism in all forms and that post sent to you earlier was truly repugnant. However, let's remember it's the left who obsess over identity politics. I find it hilarious that the Democratic Party's main contenders for presidential nominee were all white, yet the Republicans who openly denounce identity politics had a Cuban Hispanic (Marco Rubio), an African American (Ben Carson), a businesswomen (Carly Fiorina), Jeb Bush (who's fluent in Spanish and is married to a Mexican) and an Indian (Bobby Jindal).
(edited 7 years ago)

Because Trump supporters like to distance themselves from what you call 'radical' members of its movement even though their actions are a direct result of the attitudes and policies they support.
In Pakistan, 9% of people support ISIS and only 28% of people call them unfavourable.

What percentage of Trump supporters do you believe would support an ideology that would include terrorising an innocent couple because of their skin colour?

On the issue of race, it's natural being a minority to worry about disgusting elements of society which perpetrate racism. My mum is mixed race - and so a large number of my family are black Caribbeans from the Dominican Republic. I will denounce racism in all forms and that post sent to you earlier was truly repugnant. However, let's remember it's the left who obsess over identity politics. I find it hilarious that the Democratic Party's main contenders for presidential nominee were all white, yet the Republicans who openly denounce identity politics had a Cuban Hispanic (Marco Rubio), an African American (Ben Carson), a businesswomen (Carly Fiorina), Jeb Bush (who's fluent in Spanish and is married to a Mexican) and an Indian (Bobby Jindal).

Considering that the KKK and other White supremacist groups like Pioneer Little Europe have voiced their support for Trump, I wouldn't say that it's far-fetched to believe that the percentage may be significant, even though we don't have the stats yet.

To me it's not about the race of the candidates, it's about their policies. And all of those nominees who you mentioned never stood a chance anyway. Not to mention the fact that I never lumped all Republicans in with Trump. I don't think we'll ever agree on this though.
Black Lives Matter bringing out the insanity In people I see. **** #BlackLivesMatter, **** this guy. **** the stupid bastards who decided to shoot the police, and especially **** those guys who ask for reparations from white people after they burned down and looted their own neighbourhood.
Lol we've got the same ****tards derailing this thread, not surprised
Original post by TercioOfParma
Black Lives Matter bringing out the insanity In people I see. **** #BlackLivesMatter, **** this guy. **** the stupid bastards who decided to shoot the police, and especially **** those guys who ask for reparations from white people after they burned down and looted their own neighbourhood.

So you support this crime?
Original post by Lord Samosa
So you support this crime?

No I don't.

I've been to Pakistan mate, everybody hates ISIS
No I don't.

Why are you so emotional about the BLM?
Reply 37
WWhat a lovely chap.
Why are you so emotional about the BLM?

Because they're tearing apart one of the greatest countries on earth over what can be explained with 10 minutes of looking at statistics.
Lol

excited to go back to school/uni? Your summer holidays must've been boring if you spent it being triggered on TSR.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending