The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Shared bathroom help!

Hey I have been placed in Lasdun through clearing and I am slightly worried about sharing a bathroom with 6 people (one shower, one toilet). Basically I want people to make me feel better about it as I am not feeling great right now. Also they have no other options available now. Thanks guys
Original post by unihelp98
Hey I have been placed in Lasdun through clearing and I am slightly worried about sharing a bathroom with 6 people (one shower, one toilet). Basically I want people to make me feel better about it as I am not feeling great right now. Also they have no other options available now. Thanks guys

Students have different schedules of when they shower and go into uni!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Students have different schedules of when they shower and go into uni!

People have said this but what if I need the toilet while someone's in the shower? They are in the same room. Ergh I'm panicking
Reply 3
Some people say it's fine. Personally I shared for a few months then decided to never do that again - it was disgusting, my flat mates were dirty and rarely cleaned so it was left to me to pull weave hair out to drain or clean the toilet when the guys pissed on the seat.

Depends who your flatmates are and how clean they are

Wake up really early, around 6, and shower then. Chances are, no one will be up in your flat and you'll be able to shower for a long time without someone banging on the door asking you to hurry up.

If you're worried about a 'number 2' stench, there's this thing called 'poo-pourri' which prevents a smell. You can buy it from Amazon.

Your accommodation is cheaper compared to an ensuite so you'd have more money to spend or save if you want.
It's student accommodation, what were you expecting? A luxury private en-suite, complete with jacuzzi?

If you don't like it, don't go to uni.
Reply 6
Original post by #ChaosKass
It's student accommodation, what were you expecting? A luxury private en-suite, complete with jacuzzi?

If you don't like it, don't go to uni.

No need to be rude, all other unis I've been to have mostly ensuite rooms, I'm perfectly okay to be worried
You could always look for your own accommodation, I think unite Leicester still have a few rooms left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lasdun is cheap so you get what you pay for. Just unfortunate that you got it through clearing. I had mates in Lasdun and they had 2 rooms with a toilet and shower in each to share between 6 people. It's not that bad considering you're paying the least and on top of that I'm going to assume you are getting catered food.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending