The Student Room Group

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't find it a turn off as long as he wasn't a militant vegan.

Lmao
whats a militant vegan? A vegan ISIS guy ? Jk :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idunno99
I've been raised a vegan(dont see a point in changing this as I've been like this forever) and i dont drink aswell let alone do drugs or smoke.Are these 2 factors turnoffs?

I don't smoke, rarely drink, and i'm a vegetarian. I wish I had the courage to go vegan but everyone I know barely accepts that i'm a vegetarian. There's lots of vegan groups on facebook if you want to associate with some like minded people. I think it's veganism especially and vegetarianism is a turn off for a lot of omnivores because they just see them as fussy and if they're wasting their time trying to save lives because animals are still being killed. people can be so closed minded sometimes. there's plenty of people who will find it a turn on and accept you so don't worry what others think. If you want to be a vegan be a vegan. It's up to you. You just do you. and same goes for drinking and smoking!
Original post by Balor
Some will love it, some will think it is ridiculous and most will fall somewhere in-between. Ultimately you can't control their perception of your life choices so do what makes you happy and let the rest take care of itself.

Thanks for the great advice:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amylaraman
I don't smoke, rarely drink, and i'm a vegetarian. I wish I had the courage to go vegan but everyone I know barely accepts that i'm a vegetarian. There's lots of vegan groups on facebook if you want to associate with some like minded people. I think it's veganism especially and vegetarianism is a turn off for a lot of omnivores because they just see them as fussy and if they're wasting their time trying to save lives because animals are still being killed. people can be so closed minded sometimes. there's plenty of people who will find it a turn on and accept you so don't worry what others think. If you want to be a vegan be a vegan. It's up to you. You just do you. and same goes for drinking and smoking!

Okay Thanks!:yy:
Do you know the names of any such groups ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aperture
Absolutely! Don't worry yourself! :smile:

Thanks!:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maracatinca
Not at all, not drinking in particular is actually a big plus in my books. But the only condition is not being pushy or condescending about his lifestyle.

Thats great. I'm not pushy or condensing at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by extraordinaire
Depends on the individual, not drinking can actually be a good thing (the practicality of it)

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollyht
Turn ons for me as I'm also a vegan non drinker 😊😊
Thats Awesome!:colondollar:
Glad to see so many other people like me on here.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blue2337
Well, if your girlfriend/boyfriend/pals wanted to go to a steakhouse, it would be pretty rubbish for you to miss out on spending time with other people just because of your ethical beliefs? If I avoided all restaurants that were meat-y, like Nandos for example, I'd miss out on a lot of things which would suck and come off super rude?

I agree 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Artjen
I'd date a vegan so long as they didn't:
1. Refuse to kiss me until I'd brushed my teeth
2. Insist I kept my food in a different fridge
3. Arrange the menus so they couldn't see what I was eating
4. Say "I'll do the cooking, you just bring any meat you need"
5. Refuse to eat a chip which had been on my plate because it was next to a burger which they neglected to note was actually a veggie burger anyway
Bitter, moi?

I wouldn't do any of these other than i wouldn't wanna kiss the girl if she has not brushed her teeth irrespective of her being vegan or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile
5'10 and around 70-75 kilos but why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hbgeorgie
Yes, (i'm female fyi - in case you thought otherwise with the 'dude')

LoL
Cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AMaster1
I'll be honest... Don't drink, fine. Vegan? As a vegetarian, having dinner with a Vegan, bloody miserable as I hate tofu!

Haha okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hbgeorgie
Yes, (i'm female fyi - in case you thought otherwise with the 'dude')

LoL!
Cool:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It won't be a turn off to teetotal vegan women
Original post by uglyslut
no way cos I'm a vegan and I don't drink either so I'd wanna be with someone like me

Ok cool:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maracatinca
Sure, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yungaheartz
It won't be a turn off to teetotal vegan women

Other than that?
:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending