The Student Room Group

getting into uni just by clearing??

hello i am in a big mess lool

basically i didnt apply to uni, at all, because of some things that i was going through i didn't think i would be mentally well enough to do exams let alone get into uni. I did really **** my exams up though, getting EEU, but again, i was really struggling mentally.

However after having months off college, i have managed to get to a far better place and seeing all of my friends going to uni is really upsetting me because i feel like im going nowhere in life.

I was just wondering, am i able to send off my UCAS application still? and trying to get into a university just on clearing?? Even with my awful grades??

just trying to get some info really

thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Ashpicklesss

basically i didnt apply to uni, at all, because of some things that i was going through i didn't think i would be mentally well enough to do exams let alone get into uni. I did really **** my exams up though, getting EEU, but again, i was really struggling mentally.

However after having months off college, i have managed to get to a far better place and seeing all of my friends going to uni is really upsetting me because i feel like im going nowhere in life.

I was just wondering, am i able to send off my UCAS application still? and trying to get into a university just on clearing?? Even with my awful grades??

thanks!

really dont know what uni would even accept you on those grades. And as harsh as it sounds struggling "mentally"?? You had a 6+ months to get yourself together knowing this was your final year.

Plus why go to uni just for the sake of going since most clearing options will be gone and be extremely difficult to get in with those grades
Reply 2
Original post by SAITAMAOP
really dont know what uni would even accept you on those grades. And as harsh as it sounds struggling "mentally"?? You had a 6+ months to get yourself together knowing this was your final year.

Plus why go to uni just for the sake of going since most clearing options will be gone and be extremely difficult to get in with those grades

Well my friend i tried to kill myself twice during exam season so i dont really think i did have 6 months to sort myself out :biggrin:!!!!!
Reply 3
Well my friend i tried to kill myself twice during exam season so i dont really think i did have 6 months to sort myself out :biggrin:!!!!!

Sorry to hear that but you said you didnt apply to uni? Most applied before december before exam season
Reply 4
I would say take the year and get some therapy. It wouldn't be surprising if you fell back once again if you did manage to get into uni. If you think you can do it and have motivation, then you can retake your exams and go next year. Or get and apprenticeship instead. You don't want to go just for the sake of going. You'll just get a debt with nothing out of it.

thanks!

What course do you want study?

And the bad grades won't stop you from going to university. My friend got CEU, she still managed to find a place in clearing.
Reply 6
Original post by undine_monty
What course do you want study?

And the bad grades won't stop you from going to university. My friend got CEU, she still managed to find a place in clearing.

I want to do religious studies more than anything, but i also would like to go into teaching so either really
Reply 7
Original post by Devify
I would say take the year and get some therapy. It wouldn't be surprising if you fell back once again if you did manage to get into uni. If you think you can do it and have motivation, then you can retake your exams and go next year. Or get and apprenticeship instead. You don't want to go just for the sake of going. You'll just get a debt with nothing out of it.

Im not just going for the sake of going though it may sound like it, i really do want to go , i was also thinking of resitting my a levels if i don't get into a uni usnc clearing. And believe me i applied for upwards of 8 apprenticeships and got rejected from them all because they all thought uni would be better for me.
I want to do religious studies more than anything, but i also would like to go into teaching so either really

You could do an undergrad in RS and then a PGCE or another alternative teacher training programme after you graduate. That way you can do both.

Start looking at universities that offer RS or a teachers undergrad course that ask for CCC or lower. A lot of universities tend to be more flexible with entry requirements in clearing.

You don't have to go to university in September though. You could take a year out a retake your exams.

EDIT: Please ignore the above poster. He's a bitter troll who enjoys making people feel crap about themselves. We clashed yesterday.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Im not just going for the sake of going though it may sound like it, i really do want to go , i was also thinking of resitting my a levels if i don't get into a uni usnc clearing. And believe me i applied for upwards of 8 apprenticeships and got rejected from them all because they all thought uni would be better for me.

Sorry, the way you worded it made it sound like you just want to go to uni because others are going.

It may be possible to get into one but you won't get into a good one so that's something to consider. I would still resit the exams. Maybe use the year to work and save up some money also. University requires a lot of money and having planned and saved up even a small amount helps. You would also have time to make sure that you really do want to do it and won't go back to the bad place you were in earlier in the year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending