The Student Room Group

AS retake Decisions - Please advise

I just received my AS results

Physics - B 2marks from A
Chem - B
Maths - B - Panicked in C2, 90UMS in stats tho
Further Maths - D

Let me explain Further maths, my school currently doesn't believe its a real a level(I know) so its after school every Monday and Wednesday for 40 minutes, would unis take that into consideration.

Ultimately the question is, Should i retake the year if i want to go do Engineering or Natural sciences at UCL, York, Imperial, Queens or any russel group university.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

If it's purely based on your grades you want to resit then I advise you not to. If I were you, I'd continue to A2 and resit all of the exams you wanted to do better in. I did this and came out with AAB from AS grades of BBC. I'm sure you'll be accepted by a Russell Group uni but make sure your personal statement is strong and that your teachers predict you high grades (AAB at least). Concerning your further maths, uni's don't care unless you have extenuating circumstances (eg one of your parents have died). I'd advise you to drop further maths as it'll make your workload for A2 insane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Accountingggo
If it's purely based on your grades you want to resit then I advise you not to. If I were you, I'd continue to A2 and resit all of the exams you wanted to do better in. I did this and came out with AAB from AS grades of BBC. I'm sure you'll be accepted by a Russell Group uni but make sure your personal statement is strong and that your teachers predict you high grades (AAB at least). Concerning your further maths, uni's don't care unless you have extenuating circumstances (eg one of your parents have died). I'd advise you to drop further maths as it'll make your workload for A2 insane.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably won't get into UCL or Imperial anyways as they usually want straight A's first time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest