The Student Room Group

How to stop flies/midgets, debris, & tree seeds flying into me when I'm cycling?

what the title says really, it all keeps flying into my face when I'm cycling, and its getting really annoying especially as I want to cycle faster.

Any tips on how to stop them?
thanks
Wear sunglasses

Posted from TSR Mobile
wear a helmet with that sharp thing you fit on the front, good sunglasses (as above), and you're good to go
Sunglasses might stop midges flying into your face, but they sure as hell won't stop midgets.
Reply 4
a windshield.
Reply 5
Midgets? Choose a route that bypasses Disneyland.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Wear sunglasses

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll give that a go. won't sunglasses make it harder to see though? since sunglasses make things dimmer
Original post by bizzy_penguin
I'll give that a go. won't sunglasses make it harder to see though? since sunglasses make things dimmer

wear a helmet light during the dark

I've got cycling glasses where you can swap the lenses, so there are dark lenses for if it's a really sunny day, completely clear lenses for rubbish weather and yellow lenses (still not sure what these are for, glare? making things look brighter?) too

so if you wear the clear lenses you still get protection for your eyes without any change in your vision
what the title says really, it all keeps flying into my face when I'm cycling, and its getting really annoying especially as I want to cycle faster.

Any tips on how to stop them?
thanks

It's midges not midgets :toofunny:
One is a small insect, the other is a small human
You can't stop midges unless you got out clothed head to toe and cook alive. If you don't want to wear sunglasses get untinted sports glasses.

You can stop tree related things by not cycling near trees.
This made me laugh :lol:
sunglasses and you could try wrapping a bandana around ur mouth or wearing a mask that looks like those surgical masks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fluorescent sunglasses
Original post by hxfsxh
This made me laugh :lol:

Good, I always like to make people laugh
If you've got midgets flying in your face whilst you're cycling, I'd worry about those first. The other stuff, I probably wouldn't even notice.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpfPDb39QtI[/video]

The OP's been getting in the way of this lot. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest