The Student Room Group

Any tips for driving test regarding speed limit

Failed my 3rd test today due to slowing down on roads which i thought it was 20 but was really 30mph.
Any tips and hints for me to pass my 4th one which is hopefully next week.
E.g. street lights indicate 30 (i think)
Original post by funkypineapple
Failed my 3rd test today due to slowing down on roads which i thought it was 20 but was really 30mph.

Hmm, tough one - you just have to be really aware of your surroundings. Look out for signs, watch the speed of other cars etc.

@Pickles is better placed to advise than me though.

like you say, street lights on both sides of the road tend to indicate 30 mph. And speed bumps tend to indicate 20mph. Also insure you know the test routes well, that's what helped me pass my test.
I passed fourth time and never thought I would! But there's honestly no need to stress about it in the end, it's honestly not that hard if you're well prepared and know the routes :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Sorry this is off topic but how do you deal with failing a driving test psychologically? :frown:

I failed my first test as I messed up a manoeuvre (I have my 2nd test early next month so fingers crossed I pass :biggrin:)!
Street lights usually indicate 30mph unless there's a sign saying otherwise. And good luck for your 4th test :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Sorry this is off topic but how do you deal with failing a driving test psychologically? :frown:

Aw I failed my first test last week and have my 2nd one early next month so know how you feel. I would say just pick yourself up and carry on with your lessons and focus on where you went wrong. And don't beat yourself up about failing, people do seem to crack when nervous/under pressure. And good luck for the next test :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you know the route you'll be taking, you could always memorise the speed limits on each road, so you know exactly what the limit is. Always better to go too slowly than too fast though :u:
Reply 7
If you failed your test so recently you wont have atest next week. You have to wait at least 10 working days. Some useful info at http://wanadrive.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending