The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Talybont North Residents

Just accepted my accommodation! :h: Who else has accepted accommodation in Talybont North?

Scroll to see replies

Same here. Thought about rejecting it but upon second look it's really not that bad. 20 minutes is nothing for me in terms of a walk and being so close to Tescos means I don't have to worry about food at all (though the KFC and McDonalds will always be tempting :P). The regular Ensuite rooms are big enough for me. Looking forward to it!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hi, I'm in Talybont North too, House Y, Flat 1. Not my first choice, but I agree that it doesn't look that bad really.
Reply 3
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Same here. Thought about rejecting it but upon second look it's really not that bad. 20 minutes is nothing for me in terms of a walk and being so close to Tescos means I don't have to worry about food at all (though the KFC and McDonalds will always be tempting :P). The regular Ensuite rooms are big enough for me. Looking forward to it!

By regular do you mean standard ensuite or ensuite (medium)?
Original post by Mysticmeg
By regular do you mean standard ensuite or ensuite (medium)?

Ensuite. Ensuite Medium is slightly smaller whilst Ensuite Small (or Reduced) is tiny.
Reply 5
Ensuite. Ensuite Medium is slightly smaller whilst Ensuite Small (or Reduced) is tiny.

oh, okay. I got an ensuite medium. I don't really mind that it's not that big. I had a small bedroom for most of my life, so you could say I'm used to it. :redface:
oh, okay. I got an ensuite medium. I don't really mind that it's not that big. I had a small bedroom for most of my life, so you could say I'm used to it. :redface:

Ah, well it's going to be tough going from a double to a single bed for me. Though all I need is a desk big enough to fit my computer setup so I should be fine.
Reply 7
Ah, well it's going to be tough going from a double to a single bed for me. Though all I need is a desk big enough to fit my computer setup so I should be fine.

I've only ever had a single bed. I remember that some other universities I visited offered accommodation with double beds (Bristol) but not Cardiff.

Also, do you have quite a large computer setup? With the ensuite medium I'm sure I'll be able to fit my computer on the desk.
I've only ever had a single bed. I remember that some other universities I visited offered accommodation with double beds (Bristol) but not Cardiff.

Also, do you have quite a large computer setup? With the ensuite medium I'm sure I'll be able to fit my computer on the desk.

Yep, a big tower desktop PC and two 24 inch monitors next to eachother along with one or two game consoles. From what I've seen the desks in the regular Ensuites should fit all of that.
Reply 9
Yep, a big tower desktop PC and two 24 inch monitors next to eachother along with one or two game consoles. From what I've seen the desks in the regular Ensuites should fit all of that.

Wow, what course are you doing? I just have a monitor with the hard drive built into the back.
Wow, what course are you doing? I just have a monitor with the hard drive built into the back.

Business Management & Marketing. Don't need a massive set up like for it but I built that PC myself and paid a decent amount for both monitors so I'm going to just leave them behind :P Got a laptop for note-taking though.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got allocated a room in Talybont North House F, second floor, flat 9. (Medium en suite) at first I was disappointed but I guess it's not that bad. Obviously would have preferred Taly court or even South. Besides, it's only 9 month you'll be staying there.
Reply 12
Original post by BubbleLover98
I got allocated a room in Talybont North House F, second floor, flat 9. (Medium en suite) at first I was disappointed but I guess it's not that bad. Obviously would have preferred Taly court or even South. Besides, it's only 9 month you'll be staying there.

Also you'll end up saving £300+, so you'll have some extra money to use on other stuff!
What course are you studying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Business Management & Marketing. Don't need a massive set up like for it but I built that PC myself and paid a decent amount for both monitors so I'm going to just leave them behind :P Got a laptop for note-taking though.

I have some larger older laptops at home but I was thinking of getting a newer light-weight one for stuff like note-taking.
Reply 14
Original post by PhoebeLily1998
Hi, I'm in Talybont North too, House Y, Flat 1. Not my first choice, but I agree that it doesn't look that bad really.

What course are you studying?
Education :smile:
I got Talybont North - it was one at the bottom of my choices so I'm a bit disappointed, the rooms look very small
House B, Flat 2, anyone?
Reply 18
Original post by emmadavies98
House B, Flat 2, anyone?

I'm in a different house but you could find someone in your house and maybe in your flat if you join the talybont north facebook group. So far I've found people in my house and on my floor but I haven't found any flatmates yet.
I tried finding one of those, could you reply with the link please?

Quick Reply