The Student Room Group

Why does God allow so much suffering?

Scroll to see replies

Cause it doesn't exist.

Why does god always get gendered as male? (Ans: patriarchal society that's why.)
"Because God is all loving"
So much negativity on this, because people want the "perfect life" lool!

But anyway, to each their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Why does Santa not bring presents to everyone?
Original post by AH127
Why does Santa not bring presents to everyone?

Huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Because he doesn't exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All I can imagine is that evil makes you appreciate whats good...
Reply 27
Bad people do bad things
If God caused rape and other horrible crimes to happen
Why would rapists be punished in Hell/ be given the death penalty on Earth if it was God's fault?
If God caused it, he cant punish a criminal for his crimes since we have free will. That is why God doesnt just make us all pray to him or stop us from committing crimes.

A knife can be used to chop up salad and feed the homeless with it or it can be used to murder someone with it. Its not gonna magically disappear if you decide to use it for bad.

So God created all human beings equal. God just gave them the tools, whether they do good or bad things is on them.

As for cancer or other non human controlled bad things, such as a heart attack out of nowhere, well God knows what is best. Maybe if that person lived longer they'd become a bad person but if they died now they'd go to heaven so God will be merciful and give him that blessing. Maybe the person with down syndrome would grow up to be a murderer if they were healthy whereas with this disease they become good, or maybe its a test for the parents to see how good they treat their disabled child and how patient they are. So God has the best interest of the people in mind.

Now you may think that is all BS and im crazy and indoctrinated and brainwashed and whatever but thats what I believe for now so if you read this and disagree, dont come for me :lol:
Reply 28
Original post by z33
Bad people do bad things
If God caused rape and other horrible crimes to happen
Why would rapists be punished in Hell/ be given the death penalty on Earth if it was God's fault?
If God caused it, he cant punish a criminal for his crimes since we have free will. That is why God doesnt just make us all pray to him or stop us from committing crimes.

A knife can be used to chop up salad and feed the homeless with it or it can be used to murder someone with it. Its not gonna magically disappear if you decide to use it for bad.

So God created all human beings equal. God just gave them the tools, whether they do good or bad things is on them.

As for cancer or other non human controlled bad things, such as a heart attack out of nowhere, well God knows what is best. Maybe if that person lived longer they'd become a bad person but if they died now they'd go to heaven so God will be merciful and give him that blessing. Maybe the person with down syndrome would grow up to be a murderer if they were healthy whereas with this disease they become good, or maybe its a test for the parents to see how good they treat their disabled child and how patient they are. So God has the best interest of the people in mind.

Now you may think that is all BS and im crazy and indoctrinated and brainwashed and whatever but thats what I believe for now so if you read this and disagree, dont come for me :lol:

God created everything = God created our actions
God knows everything = God knowingly created our actions
Some of our actions are bad = God knowingly created bad actions
Do you just make threads like these to get the answers you want ?Curious.
Because God either doesn't exist at all or is not in the form that any holy scriptures depict it as.
God does not allow suffering

Yes God may present certain circumstances to test your faith in him when you are growing closer to him but he Will never place you in a Situation you can not overcome.....
An example of God testing faith in the bible is when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son.

God gave humans free will, . But it is unjustified to blame God for suffering. As Humans, we allow suffering as some of us choose to abuse our free will. With your free will you can choose whether to obey God or to disobey

God tells us: “O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river.”—Isaiah 48:18

GOD IS ALL powerful but he does not use his power to FORCE you to do anything. You are in control of your heart and your mind.

God is a patient and loving God , there are so many words to describe him!
Psalms 103:8
"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadf

People are happy to blame God for certain circumstances but never want to blame the devil?
God loves us SOOO much and how do we know this? Because through Jesus Christ, we can be forgiven for ur sins, we can be transformed, we can be saved from sin etc..the list goes on!

but the devil hates us.
Why does the devil hate us?

The devil does not want you to have salivation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He wants you to perish with him in the end. He will use any opportunity to deceive you. Having no prayer in your life makes you vulnerable to his attacks as you have no protection from God/Jesus as you have no faith.
1 peter 5:8
"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

The devil doesn't have to attack you in obvious way. He can use demons to give you illness, (this is why we have illness that can not be explained by science) , difficult financial circumstances, conflict, addictions etc..the list goes on

If you do not have a relationship with God you cannot see the difference between opportunities that God lays out for you and the opportunities the devil presents you with.
God has great and wonderful plans for each persons life but the devil will do anything to prevent you fulfilling this
The devil does not have to appear as a big red scary thing. He is logical, and he can easily deceive you through anything that may seem good. Do not underestimate him.

God does not hate us if we sin.
God hates sin but he loves the sinner.
God does not expect you to be perfect, because you can't be completely free of sin, as we are human.
Romans 3:10
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Over abundance of sin does not bring anything positive to your life , it can only bring you problems

God has great and wonderful plans for each persons life but the devil will do anything to prevent you fulfilling this
The devil does not have to appear as a big red scary thing that torments you in the middle of the night. He is logical, and he can easily deceive you through anything that may seem good. Do not underestimate him. The devil wants you to fear him or to believe he does not exist. That is why he will come into your life with things that do not appear bad.

If you ask God to open your eyes and your Heart, he will. Matthew 7:7
""Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."

You have a void in your heart that can only be filled the love of Jesus. Without Jesus/God , you will search for other things to fill that void. But theyll never will .

One more thing , it is not " the devil vs God"
It is just God. God rules over everything . Therefore with God on your side, you have every reason NOT to fear the devil or any obstacle in your life that is "impossible "
Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Original post by SuperHuman98
He has already asked this before if i am not mistaken

Several times, keeps going on about God existing etc.
If you're driving down the street and you see someone and think "Hey, let's kill this person" and you run them over and kill them, was that God controlling your mind and body to do that against your will?

No.

He doesn't control you, you have the free will to do whatever you want. It's up to you to decide if it's right or not, and if you want to follow Him.
Reply 34
Original post by FightToWin
If you're driving down the street and you see someone and think "Hey, let's kill this person" and you run them over and kill them, was that God controlling your mind and body to do that against your will?

No.

He doesn't control you, you have the free will to do whatever you want. It's up to you to decide if it's right or not, and if you want to follow Him.

Refer to my previous post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) he is not real
2) he doesn't care
3) ISLAM's idea of God is real

I go with1 or 3 I hope it's 1
Original post by Personinsertname
Cause there's no god.

Atheist BURN

God is evil. Misaki mode- "Welcome to the nhk"

God could exist or not exist. Agnostic

God is a contradiction- Logic

I won't share which one i am.

Damn fridge -
Go to JW.org you will get a full explained answer including bible verses
Reply 38
Original post by PrincessZee
Go to JW.org you will get a full explained answer including bible verses

Jehovah's Witnesses are a disgusting cult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Refer to my previous post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that's not allowing something to happen. That's giving someone the choice of doing good or bad, and that someone messing up and doing the wrong thing.

Similar to what someone else rightly posted on here, whoever invented the knife did so knowing it could be used for good, but also that it could kill people, and that it WOULD be used for killing by some people. That person doesn't get the blame for every death involving a knife since. Because, as the post also rightly said, the knife isn't just going to disappear before it can hurt someone.

I genuinely believe that every single one of us is born with a path decided for us, which will lead to success and happiness, but it's so so easy to stray off that path with the free will that allows us to do anything good or bad. It's all about what path you decide to follow. The test is if you can stay on the right path avoiding any temptation using your own free will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending