The Student Room Group

Will I have to retake English Language?

I know in previous years you had to pass English Language in order to move onto a higher level however I believe its been changed for this year?

I can't remember exactly however I recall my English teacher telling us that we only have to pass Language OR Literature to move on as either counts as the mandatory 'English GCSE', is this true? I hope it is as I'm so worried I failed that horrible English Language exam...
Reply 1
Original post by kl_22
I know in previous years you had to pass English Language in order to move onto a higher level however I believe its been changed for this year?

I can't remember exactly however I recall my English teacher telling us that we only have to pass Language OR Literature to move on as either counts as the mandatory 'English GCSE', is this true? I hope it is as I'm so worried I failed that horrible English Language exam...

You must pass English Language at some point. If you don't pass English Language when you recieve your results, your college will make you retake English Language alongside your other course(s). English Literature is irrelevant, if you fail then you won't be forced to retake, and nobody will really care.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
By the looks of it you didn't pass your English Language GCSE.

Spoiler

Reply 3
I sincerely apologise for underestimating you senpai.
😂😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 that's soooo funny

Quick Reply

Latest