The Student Room Group

Who is considered to be a dependant?

Hi there,

I am filling in my student finance form and I am on the sections that my parents need to complete. When it asks for dependants I have included my younger siblings who are all currently at school at the moment. I have also an older sibling who is over the age of 21 (not in education) and lives with my parents who works part-time and is self-employed. Is she considered a dependant as well and when asked to include her income, what period would that be for?

Thanks for the help.
Original post by 1017bsquad
Hi there,

I am filling in my student finance form and I am on the sections that my parents need to complete. When it asks for dependants I have included my younger siblings who are all currently at school at the moment. I have also an older sibling who is over the age of 21 (not in education) and lives with my parents who works part-time and is self-employed. Is she considered a dependant as well and when asked to include her income, what period would that be for?

Thanks for the help.

Dependants are only under 18 (or over 18 and in full time education). Your older sibling isn't a dependant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending