The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner (), but this is the place to be on the day of results and onwards!

A preemptive congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students before your fantastic journey begins!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

I'm just here for the banter about Hope university.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I'm actually not looking forward to freshers as much, I'm quite introverted which means I'm most definitely going to have to come out my comfort space in order to make friends😁
Reply 3
Original post by Alima khan
I'm actually not looking forward to freshers as much, I'm quite introverted which means I'm most definitely going to have to come out my comfort space in order to make friends😁

I feel the exact same way! I'm looking forward to meeting new people, but I know it's going to be hard to push myself and actively engage with people.
Original post by tghnys
I feel the exact same way! I'm looking forward to meeting new people, but I know it's going to be hard to push myself and actively engage with people.

Its nice knowing im not the only one! Id probably go out a couple of times to meet new people and get a feel of the place but if i feel anxious/awkward/bored id just stay in my flat.
Reply 5

I'm all for meeting people, but I'm not the type to be getting of my tits in clubs or bars. I'll have to find myself a sport or something.
Original post by JCal
I'm all for meeting people, but I'm not the type to be getting of my tits in clubs or bars. I'll have to find myself a sport or something.

I haven't really drank alcohol before so the idea of getting drunk for the first time scares the living **** out of me.
I plan on joining numerous societies that interest me & make an effort to get to know my flat mates. Not that keen on sports though.
Reply 7
I haven't really drank alcohol before so the idea of getting drunk for the first time scares the living **** out of me. I plan on joining numerous societies that interest me & make an effort to get to know my flat mates. Not that keen on sports though.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Just make sure somebody's with you.

I haven't looked much into societies yet. Anything good?
Original post by JCal
It's not all it's cracked up to be. Just make sure somebody's with you.

I haven't looked much into societies yet. Anything good?

Will do, thanks.
Depends really on what you're interested in. I'd probably join Amnesty, south Asian society, the book club...
Reply 9
Will do, thanks.
Depends really on what you're interested in. I'd probably join Amnesty, south Asian society, the book club...

I don't think I'd fit in well with the Asian society :smile: Book club might be alright though.
Original post by JCal
I don't think I'd fit in well with the Asian society :smile: Book club might be alright though.

I'm Asian so Im hoping to fit right in 😄
There are religious societies as well if interested.

Me too! Are you going to buy tickets to anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Me too! Are you going to buy tickets to anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great!
I'm pretty sure it's possible to buy tickets at the events? I don't plan on purchasing the freshers wristband though I know I won't be going out every night.
You?
Great!
I'm pretty sure it's possible to buy tickets at the events? I don't plan on purchasing the freshers wristband though I know I won't be going out every night.
You?

I heard that the tickets were extremely limited, though, so I think I may just buy a wristband and go to 2/3 events, anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I heard that the tickets were extremely limited, though, so I think I may just buy a wristband and go to 2/3 events, anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case I might just buy the tickets to events I would most likely go to. The wristband is too expensive for me & isn't really necessary as I don't think I'd go out every night.
Seems that most returning students agree it's best to just buy tickets to some events so I guess that's going to be my plan. Currently going through waves of excitement, and then remembering how socially anxious I am and dreading the whole thing. How's everyone else feeling?
Original post by SimpleSomething
Seems that most returning students agree it's best to just buy tickets to some events so I guess that's going to be my plan. Currently going through waves of excitement, and then remembering how socially anxious I am and dreading the whole thing. How's everyone else feeling?

Exactly the same, excited to start but worried about having to live alone and budget and the course itself

And that's what I was gonna do, wait until I know my flatmates and decide together

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone from crown palace here???
Original post by SimpleSomething

Haha I'm exactly the same! I want to buy tickets to some of the events but I can't seem to find how to buy single tickets on the website though. I'm really excited, but the idea of being lost in a club where I don't know anyone very well scares the crap out of me. Especially as I'm a lightweight, I worry that I'll lose everyone in a club and I'll be to drunk to get back D: but I'm still mostly excited for freshers week
Anyone staying at Unite students - Capital Gate ?

Quick Reply

Latest