London

Scroll to see replies

Hai all, can't wait to start at King's this year! Icebreaker anyone? :wink:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by MrDystopia
No problem!

Somehow missed this. You're correct in saying Strand has the biggest KCL library. It's known as the Maughan Library and it's basically Hogwarts. As far as I can remember, it is 24 hours providing you have your ID card on you. Otherwise the admittance desk people clock out in the evening.

Are you on the strand campus?
Original post by Vividly clear
Are you on the strand campus?

Guys Campus with the occasional module at Waterloo.
I was offered an alternative course at KCL. I had confirmed an offer of accommodation, will I still hold a place of accommodation?
what freshers events are people going to? I'm getting the kings wristband but i don't know if i want to get any of the london freshers wristbands don't think i could handle that much tbh :biggrin:
How do you get a wristband?
When is freshers week exactly?
Is it the beginning of 19th September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
hey guys, can't wait to start this year! I'm doing history on the strand, any history kids here? also re accommodation, I'm currently looking but does anyone know of any affordable places private/intercollegiate or otherwise? i know that the applications for kings residences open again on monday but none of them seem to be close by strand and have places left...
Original post by aash-na
hey guys, can't wait to start this year! I'm doing history on the strand, any history kids here? also re accommodation, I'm currently looking but does anyone know of any affordable places private/intercollegiate or otherwise? i know that the applications for kings residences open again on monday but none of them seem to be close by strand and have places left...

History kid here :biggrin:
Hello , I am a fresher to study biomed in KCL this Sept. . I am international applicant . I just want to check when will be the Christmas term break starts and ends . I also want to know when will be the exam at that time (is it before Christmas or in early Jan ? ) Can you please help . Thanks in advance .
When do we get access to our timetable etc? Post online enrolment or can we already do that with the student ID we have on the portal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When will we get our Kings email?
Original post by Bloom77
How do you get a wristband?
When is freshers week exactly?
Is it the beginning of 19th September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freshers begins on Sunday 18th. This is usually always with the 'Icebreaker' event at the Ministry of Sound club, and this year is the same. Full list of events is here: https://www.kclsu.org/events/. Wristband is here: https://www.kclsu.org/ents/event/3330/

Original post by twinklelittle99
Hello , I am a fresher to study biomed in KCL this Sept. . I am international applicant . I just want to check when will be the Christmas term break starts and ends . I also want to know when will be the exam at that time (is it before Christmas or in early Jan ? ) Can you please help . Thanks in advance .

Christmas this year starts 9th Dec. You many have revision sessions run by the uni in the week after.

The exact timetable for exams isn't out, but as the second term begins Jan 16th (And exams are 1 week before that usually) I'd assume they are in the week of Jan 9th. You'll get confirmation of that further into the year, as well as if any modules require an exam before Christmas. As I say, it's hard to say as this kind of information is better found out when you have your exact timetable.

Original post by drandy76
When do we get access to our timetable etc? Post online enrolment or can we already do that with the student ID we have on the portal?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Post enrolment is when you'll have access to timetables, reading lists etc.

Original post by OrdinaryStudent
When will we get our Kings email?

If you have your K number, then that should be it ([email protected]). Otherwise you'll either be emailed it fairly soon so as you can undertake enrolment.

Original post by aash-na

Sadly my knowledge on private accommodation is lacking here :frown:

Original post by keepdreaming-
I was offered an alternative course at KCL. I had confirmed an offer of accommodation, will I still hold a place of accommodation?

Ring up KCL directly and query this.
Original post by Hihihi123
Hi, just a couple of questions: 1) Can we use the library of the campus that isn't our own? 2) I'm not a clubber but I don't want to be anti-social, especially with the people in my halls, so any advice other than suck it up and go (which I may end up just doing)? 3) I know I sound so clueless with this but do people go out the night they move into their accommodation?

I think libraries are tailored towards the subjects based at that campus, from what I understand at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in the same situation!! Please let me know if you find the answer to this question!
Original post by Emilyjsquire
I am in the same situation!! Please let me know if you find the answer to this question!

I'll let you know :smile:
What course did you apply to and what did you get offered?
I'll let you know :smile:
What course did you apply to and what did you get offered?

Thank you!!
I had applied for Law but was offered History :smile:
How about you??
Thank you!!
I had applied for Law but was offered History :smile:
How about you??

That's okay :biggrin:
Same!
How are you feeling about History?
That's okay :biggrin:
Same!
How are you feeling about History?

Ahh great!! I had never really considered History before so it gave me quite a lot to think about! Although I've been looking at the course and I think it will be a good alternative to law and they offer so many different topics so hopefully I've made the right decision!

Also, I phoned up the accommodation people today and they said I still have my original accommodation offer so yours should still be the same as well. :smile:
Hi all! Looking forward to starting at Strand Campus to read English. Any other bibliophiles? Not sure what I'm doing RE: wristbands - definitely not the London one though, that seems a bit too intense for my tastes! The Freshers Masked Ball in October has taken my interest, I've heard good things about it. :smile:
Ahh great!! I had never really considered History before so it gave me quite a lot to think about! Although I've been looking at the course and I think it will be a good alternative to law and they offer so many different topics so hopefully I've made the right decision!

Also, I phoned up the accommodation people today and they said I still have my original accommodation offer so yours should still be the same as well. :smile:

Yeah, I was in exactly the same position. But, as you said, the course does look quite good, so I'm hoping it will all be ok :smile:

Thank you!! I was just about to message you saying the same thing haha!
Good luck with History this year :smile:

Latest