The Student Room Group

White supremacist stabs interracial couple

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jake4198
In Pakistan, 9% of people support ISIS and only 28% of people call them unfavourable.

In Senegal, 11% of people support ISIS.

In Nigeria, 14% of people support ISIS.

In Malaysia, 11% of people support ISIS.

What percentage of Trump supporters do you believe would support an ideology that would include terrorising an innocent couple because of their skin colour?

On the issue of race, it's natural being a minority to worry about disgusting elements of society which perpetrate racism. My mum is mixed race - and so a large number of my family are black Caribbeans from the Dominican Republic. I will denounce racism in all forms and that post sent to you earlier was truly repugnant. However, let's remember it's the left who obsess over identity politics. I find it hilarious that the Democratic Party's main contenders for presidential nominee were all white, yet the Republicans who openly denounce identity politics had a Cuban Hispanic (Marco Rubio), an African American (Ben Carson), a businesswomen (Carly Fiorina), Jeb Bush (who's fluent in Spanish and is married to a Mexican) and an Indian (Bobby Jindal).

Where did you get those statistics?
Reply 61
Original post by MJlover
well, I'm sure that Christianity and white supremacy (which is an ideology itself) has a lot to do with this murder.

I don't understand why people think that Christianity should be accepted just by the book and not the way its interpreted. Christianity was historically used to justify racial segregation, slavery and conservative attitudes towards ethnic minorities.

I'm not defending either of those things, I'm not certain how much Christianity played a part in this but white supremacy played a huge part in this.
Original post by WBZ144
Google "Muslims protest ISIS" or "Muslims condemn ISIS" and you will find many, many results but that's beside the point. The point is that if they are expected to hold protests to "prove" that they are nothing like their extremist counterparts, the same should apply to Trump supporters.

Original post by Another
I hate to be that guy, but if you type in "Muslims against ISIS" into google news/images/facebook, there are a tonne of results. 30,000 muslims gathered in London just 5 days ago

inb4Ahmadiyyadon'tcount

Do things like this happen every time muslims cause trouble in Europe?
No.
Original post by MildredMalone
Do things like this happen every time muslims cause trouble in Europe?
No.

If you're going to demand that of Muslims, it only makes sense to demand the same of Trump supporters.

That was my point.
Original post by joecphillips
And it's the same with Obama saying that the police are racist.

Where has trump said that says it's ok to blame interracial couples?

He hasn't said it, but the tone of his speeches and the message behind all of his campaign policies imply its OK to blame foreigners for American's problems.
Reply 65
Original post by alevelstresss
He hasn't said it, but the tone of his speeches and the message behind all of his campaign policies imply its OK to blame foreigners for American's problems.

So you believe that is what he mean it is not what he says.
Whereas Obama comes out and explicitly states that the police are racist and targeting black people did you speak out then?
Whereas Obama comes out and explicitly states that the police are racist and targeting black people did you speak out then?

He mentioned "racial disparities" in the justice system and followed it up with this:
"To admit we’ve got a serious problem in no way contradicts our respect and appreciation for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day."

That's not the same as calling the police racist, as he made a clear contradiction between the majority and the minority who were part of the problem, something which Trump failed to do when he called Mexicans rapists, lied about seeing thousands of Arabs celebrating in on rooftops New Jersey on 9/11 and re-tweeted false information from a White supremacist Twitter page.
Reply 67
Original post by WBZ144
He mentioned "racial disparities" in the justice system and followed it up with this:
"To admit we’ve got a serious problem in no way contradicts our respect and appreciation for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day."

That's not the same as calling the police racist, as he made a clear contradiction between the majority and the minority who were part of the problem, something which Trump failed to do when he called Mexicans rapists, lied about seeing thousands of Arabs celebrating in on rooftops New Jersey on 9/11 and re-tweeted false information from a White supremacist Twitter page.

He used misleading race baiting statistics, and implies that the disparity in crimes committed means the police need that it's racist and police to do better then he starts talking about how some police officer don't police to race, admittedly relistening to his White House speech on the 7th of July he doesn't say that police are racist he just says that there are police departments that aren't not racist.

He said "none of us are immune [from racism]" and "including our police departments" then went on to promote BLM (a group that the gunman liked and supported on Facebook) at the memorial for the Dallas police officers
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Samosa
I've been to Pakistan mate, everybody hates ISIS

What a stupid statement to make. Just because you've had contact with a few Pakistanis who "hate" ISIS, that doesn't proceed systemic research concluded by Pew.

What I am saying is a massive authoritative figure who is hatefully criticising other races and blaming other races for America's problems legitimises the racist feelings to many Americans, feelings that they would otherwise feel guilty or out-of-place in vocalising. Obama's message isn't hateful and you know it.
Original post by WBZ144
If you're going to demand that of Muslims, it only makes sense to demand the same of Trump supporters.

That was my point.

Well that's fine, as Trump supporters rarely do such things.
Well that's fine, as Trump supporters rarely do such things.

The White supremacist groups supporting Trump are not "rarely" responsible for crimes and stirring up public disorder.
Original post by WBZ144
The White supremacist groups supporting Trump are not "rarely" responsible for crimes and stirring up public disorder.

Tell me a couple of examples?
Tell me a couple of examples?

The KKK, Pioneer Little Europe, the American Freedom Party, Keystone United, James Edwards of The Political Cesspool, Daily Stormer website, Jared Taylor of the New Century Foundation, Stormfront founder Don Black, the list goes on and on.
Original post by Another
I hate to be that guy, but if you type in "Muslims against ISIS" into google news/images/facebook, there are a tonne of results. 30,000 muslims gathered in London just 5 days ago

inb4Ahmadiyyadon'tcount

Ahmadiyyans: standing tall with us in the face of Sunni abuse and ostracising. Epitomising the "religion of peace" mandtra while Sunnis piss all over it as their imams (like the scumbag at the Tooting Islamic Centre) put fatwas on them.....
African guys are really hot
Reply 76
Original post by WBZ144
This was about holding Muslims collectively responsible for the actions of extremists and nothing else,
But this isn't the point at all. No reasonable person holds all Muslims collectively responsible, because they are individuals like everyone else.
However, it is not unreasonable to ask for some kind of clarification when on the one hand, most Muslims (for example) condemn ISIS's use of female captives for sex, while at the same time professing that the texts that explicitly permit this behaviour are perfect and immutable. The two positions are mutually exclusive.
those of us who HAVE been in interracial relationships know the hate comes from both sides not just one.

Racists come in all colours
Original post by WBZ144
The KKK, Pioneer Little Europe, the American Freedom Party, Keystone United, James Edwards of The Political Cesspool, Daily Stormer website, Jared Taylor of the New Century Foundation, Stormfront founder Don Black, the list goes on and on.

How do you know they all support Trump? And how often do they commit violence comparable to islamists?
How do you know they all support Trump? And how often do they commit violence comparable to islamists?

They are held back and subdued now by the law, so the fact that it's not as much violence isn't through lack of trying. They tried to take over an entire town in America so that they could thrive in their hatred. They have also shot up synagogues and annually carry out the majority of terror attacks in the US.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/24/majority-of-fatal-attacks-on-us-soil-carried-out-b/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/domestic-terrorism-charleston_n_7654720.html

I know that they support Trump because they said so. David Duke of the KKK voiced his support for Trump, and Trump initially refused to distance himself from him. The Pioneer Little Europe Facebook page is full of Trump support. Stormfront's Don Black said “We Are All Pulling For Him, Voting For Him If We Can.”
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2016/hate-race

Neo-Nazi site named The Daily Stormer posted "Vote For The First Time In Our Lives For The One Man Who Actually Represents Our Interests" (don't think I'm allowed to post the link here, but Google it and you will find it).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending