The Student Room Group

What grade do you need to get to call a subject easy?

What does your final GCSE grade need to be in a subject before you can rightfully claim it is easy?
I think it depends on each individual. A person might find it easy to get an A, but another may find it easy to only scrape a D.
It doesn't matter what the grade is, as everyone is of a different ability. I would say that if you get a better grade than average for you, and you found the subject easy as a whole, then it's easy.

But easy for one person isn't going to be the same as for everyone else.
It's all relative. Objectively, GCSE examinations wouldn't serve as examinations if they were 'too easy'.
Well, at first I was thinking a low grade like C or maybe even a B, but if a subject is easy, then you must be able to get a high grade without any problems. So, A* ..
Minimum B ❤️ But that's on a bad day.
Otherwise an A/A* 👍🏼
(edited 7 years ago)
A** :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
A* if you get less than that it cant have been that easy because you missed marks.
Depends how hard you worked for it, but at GCSE probably A*/A with no work
I don't think there's a subject that can be generally termed easy, because there are still people who fail them. Maybe instead of easy you can view them as subjects that you are good at. There's someone else excels at the subjects you fail, and I'm sure you'd feel a little insulted if they called them easy
A*. GCSE's aren't THAT hard so if u say it's easy u have to get an A*
I would probably say an A.
Original post by hxfsxh
I think it depends on each individual. A person might find it easy to get an A, but another may find it easy to only scrape a D.

I mean what grade do you need to get in an exam to come out of it and say to people that it was easy.
Original post by _gcx
I would probably say an A.

So last year in 2015 you could get 125 marks out of 200 and get an A. Can you really drop 75 marks and claim it was easy?
Original post by Ano9901whichone
So last year in 2015 you could get 125 marks out of 200 and get an A. Can you really drop 75 marks and claim it was easy?

I wasn't referring specifically to Maths. Sometimes, A*/A are quite close, and aren't that distinct. Someone can find an exam easy, but still only get an A or a B because of silly mistakes, despite knowing the content, which is how I, and assumedly many others, drop most of their marks.
Guess it depends. Maybe you think a subject might be easy after learning and then find the exam hard. Or maybe you may have just got a bit unlucky with the grade boundaries, made silly mistakes etc.

Quick Reply

Latest