The Student Room Group

Is this EPQ topic too specific?

"Could planets inhabitable for carbon-based life forms instead harbor silicon-based life forms?"

I am planning to write about the properties of carbon and silicon, their similarities and differences and how these properties would enable them to support life. I would also be including additional information such as how life on earth came to be, but I am worried that this will not be enough to cover a 5000 word essay.

Anyone have any idea on whether this is suitable?
Original post by Smile Generator
"Could planets inhabitable for carbon-based life forms instead harbor silicon-based life forms?"

I am planning to write about the properties of carbon and silicon, their similarities and differences and how these properties would enable them to support life. I would also be including additional information such as how life on earth came to be, but I am worried that this will not be enough to cover a 5000 word essay.

Anyone have any idea on whether this is suitable?

Perhaps? You've made a common mistake though, this isn't an article, this is an essay. There needs to be some sort of commentary on the topic broken down with a "verdict" (or not).

There seems to be enough but what about availability of sources? Are there books you've found on this? You need alot of sources.

I did mine on something similar and got an A- I did "The Problems that a Manned Mission to Mars will Face".
If you have any more questions just ask.

Quick Reply

Latest