The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of essex, colchester campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cakey123
where is the best place to live at essex on campus? my first choice is South courts... I'm doing business management

It depends what you want really, I know if you want to live with loads of people then the best place is the towers. My first choice was the houses but I'm going to be living in the quays
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Jasismoran
Yeah me too :biggrin:

yay! i hope i get south courts omg it looks so nice
Original post by cakey123
yay! i hope i get south courts omg it looks so nice

Yeah, en suite!
I'm going to study economics, why anyone would want to stay in anything but the houses confuses me, those towers are, well towers, **** being at the top of one of them. I'm not very fond of heights.
Original post by IronicalMan
I'm going to study economics, why anyone would want to stay in anything but the houses confuses me, those towers are, well towers, **** being at the top of one of them. I'm not very fond of heights.

Did you get a room in the Houses? I wanted one because it just seems so tranquil and cosy there.

I like the towers because the placement of brutalist blocks of flats in the middle of the campus is just odd but in a good way. If they did en-suites, I'd have wanted to stay there.

I was so claustrophobic when I viewed the towers on open day 😭 There's no way I could live there
Original post by undine_monty
Did you get a room in the Houses? I wanted one because it just seems so tranquil and cosy there.

I like the towers because the placement of brutalist blocks of flats in the middle of the campus is just odd but in a good way. If they did en-suites, I'd have wanted to stay there.

I went through clearing so I don't know yet, but I only put my preferences as south courts, houses and quays(failing the houses, but I'd honestly look to swap coz can't be dealing with living on the top or 3rd floor.
I went through clearing so I don't know yet, but I only put my preferences as south courts, houses and quays(failing the houses, but I'd honestly look to swap coz can't be dealing with living on the top or 3rd floor.

I don't think there's anymore rooms in the Houses because I also went through clearing and I put the Houses as my first choice and I didn't get it. I got the Quays instead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Yeah, en suite!

What's your building number or block number? I've heard the kitchen size is really small in south courts
Original post by Toto123
What's your building number or block number? I've heard the kitchen size is really small in south courts

Really? Oh, well i got F? How is it organised?
Reply 50
Really? Oh, well i got F? How is it organised?

No that's not your building number. It's the number after it says HAC. Yeah I've only seen one picture tbh
Original post by Toto123
No that's not your building number. It's the number after it says HAC. Yeah I've only seen one picture tbh

Ok cool, its 12.3 I think. When i saw them before they were a decent size, i guess a little smaller than average. But i only saw one.

Lol the houses looks to quiet and urgh, quays is the best :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by Hellper
Woah! Is it also with placement year.. Kool.. Are you going to be travelling all the time like me ? Nice to meet you btw! :smile:

yeah it is with a placement year and nah im staying there for the first year to get away lmao
Original post by Hellper
Woah! Is it also with placement year.. Kool.. Are you going to be travelling all the time like me ? Nice to meet you btw! :smile:
my course is the standard 3 year biomed one. R u going to the open day on 17th September?
Quick question, the women on the phone put me down for BA, so I put BA on clearing but phoned twice to make sure I could change to BSC and they said that would be easy, so I assume that happends when I'm there? Just I need to know for the bank
Quick question, the women on the phone put me down for BA, so I put BA on clearing but phoned twice to make sure I could change to BSC and they said that would be easy, so I assume that happends when I'm there? Just I need to know for the bank

Couldn't you switch before the course starts by calling them up tommorow or some other day, and asking to change to the BSc? Because they're gonna start making the timetables next month and they'll make you one for the BA, so when you arrive, you're gonna have to go through the hassle of getting everything changed then.
Original post by undine_monty
Couldn't you switch before the course starts by calling them up tommorow or some other day, and asking to change to the BSc? Because they're gonna start making the timetables next month and they'll make you one for the BA, so when you arrive, you're gonna have to go through the hassle of getting everything changed then.

I'll have to leave it as BA for now as the bank and HMRC want to know. But they said on the phone it wouldn't be a problem changing it so I am assuming that's once there.
I'm doing English & US Literature while staying at the Colchester campus. Looking for anyone to get acquainted.
Original post by Hemingway
I'm doing English & US Literature while staying at the Colchester campus. Looking for anyone to get acquainted.

Hey :smile: where will you be staying?

Quick Reply

Latest