The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship in Clinical healthcare?!

Hi guys! I'm seventeen and doing a BTEC qualification. After college, I hope to go into clinical healthcare as a healthcare assistant (nurse's assistant). However, I have yet to find organisations or Trusts doing higher apprenticeships (Level 4+)

Can anyone give me any guidelines on places that offer this type of placement? Whether that be private (private health organisations) or public (ie. the NHS). I've checked the gov. website but still nothing. :s-smilie:
Original post by CrazySkittles
Hi guys! I'm seventeen and doing a BTEC qualification. After college, I hope to go into clinical healthcare as a healthcare assistant (nurse's assistant). However, I have yet to find organisations or Trusts doing higher apprenticeships (Level 4+)

Can anyone give me any guidelines on places that offer this type of placement? Whether that be private (private health organisations) or public (ie. the NHS). I've checked the gov. website but still nothing. :s-smilie:

Wouldn't that be the same thing as a clinical support worker or different?
Original post by hellodave5
Wouldn't that be the same thing as a clinical support worker or different?

Yes, I suppose so. I don't think it would be diffenrent as support and assistant are practically the same thing
Original post by CrazySkittles
Yes, I suppose so. I don't think it would be diffenrent as support and assistant are practically the same thing

For those roles people don't usually need specific training, just care experience?
I'm not sure though.

Quick Reply

Latest