The Student Room Group

Just take a look from this perspective:

Bump.
Original post by CorpusLuteum

The sentiments are nice, but the lyrics are awful. Also, the sentiments are very obvious and I don't think anyone needs to have it explained to them why a child dying in war is a horrible and unfair thing. If perhaps he explained it in a particularly eloquent, interesting or beautiful way then it could be great, but he doesn't. He also doesn't exactly offer any solutions. It mostly just feels like some exploitative, glib tripe.
I'd also like to point out that Merkel has a large part in the blame for Alan Kurdi's death, given the fact that she was the one who lured hundreds of thousands of refugees over the Mediterranean, many of whom, like Alan, perished on the way. If Merkel and the rest of the EU had allowed European countries to keep their borders closed then Alan would never have drowned, as his father would never have tried to cross the ocean to get to Europe. Every European country should have done exactly as Britain did: fly refugees directly from Syria to the country, but don't keep the border wide open.
Reply 4
Way too complicated an issue to be condensed into a song, let alone rap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingBradly
I'd also like to point out that Merkel has a large part in the blame for Alan Kurdi's death, given the fact that she was the one who lured hundreds of thousands of refugees over the Mediterranean, many of whom, like Alan, perished on the way. If Merkel and the rest of the EU had allowed European countries to keep their borders closed then Alan would never have drowned, as his father would never have tried to cross the ocean to get to Europe. Every European country should have done exactly as Britain did: fly refugees directly from Syria to the country, but don't keep the border wide open.

Alan would most probably have died as a result of the constant russian/syrian bombing.
How does Britain fly refugees from a war zone where there isn't a no fly zone safety.
Any reference to this?!
Original post by Al-farhan
Alan would most probably have died as a result of the constant russian/syrian bombing.
How does Britain fly refugees from a war zone where there isn't a no fly zone safety.
Any reference to this?!

I don't see why I have to look this up for you as this was very well covered by the news, and I'm sure you can google it. Here's one example though: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/refugee-crisis-first-planeload-of-syrian-asylum-seekers-to-arrive-in-glasgow-next-week-a6733936.html
Good video, sentimental and it is genuinely sad he died because of his father's reckless actions. They should do one about what that fetus could have been had he not been hacked to death by a syrian migrant along with his polish mother.
Original post by Al-farhan
Any reference to this?!

Yeah I forgot that Syria and Russia were bombing Turkey where the Kurdi family had been living for years :rolleyes:
Original post by KimKallstrom
Yeah I forgot that Syria and Russia were bombing Turkey where the Kurdi family had been living for years :rolleyes:

You may need to go back and read the conversation friend :colone:
It's very interesting his use of language, talking about Balfour and how the politicians are cockroaches, lowkey is basically a conspiracy theorist in the same way as the average Neo-Nazi

dat dere yahoodies did it :dunce:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom

I have a lot of love and respect for the Kurdish people but it's clear to me that the people who say the West is responsible for his death would never point the finger of blame where it truly lies and that's the fascist Turkish government along with Saddam in Iraq, both of whom attempted to eradicate his ethnic group forcing him to leave.

but they don't care one little bit, in the case of Turkey it's because Erdogan is a Salafi who is undoing the secular reforms which took place in the last century and in the case of Iraq they will never speak out because they loved the idea of this Sunni Arab leader butchering Shias and they pretend they are the ones with empathy

get ****ed, Lowkey can get ****ed too
Original post by The Sexathlete
I have a lot of love and respect for the Kurdish people but it's clear to me that the people who say the West is responsible for his death would never point the finger of blame where it truly lies and that's the fascist Turkish government along with Saddam in Iraq, both of whom attempted to eradicate his ethnic group forcing him to leave.

but they don't care one little bit, in the case of Turkey it's because Erdogan is a Salafi who is undoing the secular reforms which took place in the last century and in the case of Iraq they will never speak out because they loved the idea of this Sunni Arab leader butchering Shias and they pretend they are the ones with empathy

get ****ed, Lowkey can get ****ed too

This isn't far off the truth. And when people say that the West is responsible for the "million" deaths in Iraq (I put that in quote marks because that figure is based on the widely-discredited estimates from that Lancet study but they use it anyway for their rants) what they're actually saying - since the vast majority of deaths were due to Sunni/Shia sectarianism - is that Arabs are too savage and backward and to exist without descending into this violence unless oppressed by a brutal and genocidal dictator into peace. Racist or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending