The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Starlight15
If anyone is bored or anxious about their results there's a personality test which you decides which personality you have based on the choices you make, you can take it here hopefully it will take you mind off results day for a bit

My personality Advocate which is very rare, making up less than 1% of the population, that makes me feel a little bit special :u:

I got Advocate as well. You're no longer special!
3 days for grade boundaries release
4 days for results

So little time left and I have still not mentally prepared myself for that moment..don't want history to be repeated like last year:frown:
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I think my mum's literally stopped caring.

She expects much better results than I do - but if I don't get what she wants me to get, she'll have some excuse lined up to why I didn't do as well as she expects me to.

I've already told her if I don't get what I want, I'm going to Norway (Being half serious).
Flight tickets are £36 - Anyone wanna join me?

I have always wanted to visit Norway :biggrin:
Original post by TheBirdman
I have always wanted to visit Norway :biggrin:

I've been there n I love it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling extremely nervous. I need to pass my English in order to get into my University. Here's hoping i've done it. Really not looking forward to opening the envelope... I tried so hard during my coursework and exams so if i don't pass and i get another D, i will be so devastated.

Anyone else relying on GCSE Maths/English for their chosen Uni?
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for A* will be for AQA Physics and Biology? I think Physics will be low for P2 and P3 (around 38 for P2, 40 for P3), and Biology Unit 1 will be around 42.
Original post by TheAnon121
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for A* will be for AQA Physics and Biology? I think Physics will be low for P2 and P3 (around 38 for P2, 40 for P3), and Biology Unit 1 will be around 42.

I don't see how you can all remember what the exams were even like, I can't remember anything!! Apart from about B1, because of the hugeee fuss over the entire paper lol. Literally as soon as summer came around I completely forgot I even took exams this year, haven't thought about it since.

I hope physics will be low for P2 AND P3 though, forgot what they were like but i remember that I was still learning content I hadn't previously seen the night before the exam. I love physics though, so I hope I do pretty well.
Anyone take AQA further maths? I had gotten to that point in exam season where I had no effort left, didn't revise for it one bit, kinda just went in and had fun solving all the equations etc etc. Our teachers told us not to take it seriously and to see it as an extra, not a commitment, as they wanted us to focus on our main exams.
Just curious if everyone gets their desired or even better than their desired grades, will they; smile and stay calm or go crazy and scream? I'm much more of the second person ahhaha
Original post by emi.hopkins
I don't see how you can all remember what the exams were even like, I can't remember anything!! Apart from about B1, because of the hugeee fuss over the entire paper lol. Literally as soon as summer came around I completely forgot I even took exams this year, haven't thought about it since.

I hope physics will be low for P2 AND P3 though, forgot what they were like but i remember that I was still learning content I hadn't previously seen the night before the exam. I love physics though, so I hope I do pretty well.

Hope you get your grades :smile: - you can view the papers with this link :wink:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByfTIgZeD7dZYUw4dFJtelRsb00?usp=sharing
Anyone take AQA further maths? I had gotten to that point in exam season where I had no effort left, didn't revise for it one bit, kinda just went in and had fun solving all the equations etc etc. Our teachers told us not to take it seriously and to see it as an extra, not a commitment, as they wanted us to focus on our main exams.

I took AQA further maths and I remember one paper being easier than I thought it would be but the other being impossible! I just hope I didn't absolutely flop it...

That's exactly what my teacher said to us. We had only 2 lessons on it so I had to teach myself content. :colonhash: I'll be so happy if I get a B.
Original post by sahil19
Just curious if everyone gets their desired or even better than their desired grades, will they; smile and stay calm or go crazy and scream? I'm much more of the second person ahhaha

Honestly, I would just cry !! :biggrin:
hoping for 13 A*s but worried sick that I'll only get 9. tough life
Original post by TheAnon121

Hopefully, you're right for P2 because that exam was a nightmare. Although, I think it's highly unlikely that it will drop below 40, based on previous years, but I think it could place somewhere between 40 and 45 for an a*. B1 should also be low because that exam made the news for how unfair it was. Also, I imagine you're right for P3 because 40 out of 60 seems to be the average.
Ok ok who here wants some 'accurate' predictions for GCSE sciences, Maths, English etc. etc?

Our school was the exact opposite. We finished GCSE maths in January and spent 4 months revising and doing past papers for further maths. However, I learnt more from 4 hours of revision before the exam than from the whole of those 4 months. At least the grade boundaries tend to be ridiculously low.
I bet this time next year we will all be laughing at how much we worried about our GCSE results
Original post by nwmyname
Ok ok who here wants some 'accurate' predictions for GCSE sciences, Maths, English etc. etc?

I do
I want my results rn please (this is supposed to be in caps to illustrate my desperation.)

Latest