The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lonyeka
That's exactly what my teacher said to us. We had only 2 lessons on it so I had to teach myself content. :colonhash: I'll be so happy if I get a B.

That's exactly the same with me, we had like two or three lessons back in november, and then taught ourselves what we could!!
Original post by DavMax15
Our school was the exact opposite. We finished GCSE maths in January and spent 4 months revising and doing past papers for further maths. However, I learnt more from 4 hours of revision before the exam than from the whole of those 4 months. At least the grade boundaries tend to be ridiculously low.

We finished GCSE Maths content so early too but our teacher spent ageeesss making sure we had everything like 100% DOWN haha so everything we did for further maths was self taught and out of lessons, because there was only a select few of us doing it anyway
Original post by Thelabtatpast
I bet this time next year we will all be laughing at how much we worried about our GCSE results

Yeah I agree, that's why I'm not too bothered because I've realised that compared to A levels GCSEs are almost a little pathetic and irrelevant
Hopefully, you're right for P2 because that exam was a nightmare. Although, I think it's highly unlikely that it will drop below 40, based on previous years, but I think it could place somewhere between 40 and 45 for an a*. B1 should also be low because that exam made the news for how unfair it was. Also, I imagine you're right for P3 because 40 out of 60 seems to be the average.

I don't think B1 will be low at all, at least an average boundary, because the exam wasn't what they'd call unfair, it was just different. One business question and half the paper were questions based on data interpretation, which would've been in the paper anyway, data questions always are, but it's just in B1 there was an unusual amount
Original post by gaary kasparov
does anyone know how many marks you need out of 130 to get a b in igcse english??

Its out of 125. You have to divide ur s&l by 30 and then times it by 25. its supposed to be out of 25 as s&l is 20% of the whole course.
will the edexcel grade boundaries be released on the 24th of August, because it wasn't released the day before a-level results day so I'm just wondering. :smile:
Original post by emi.hopkins
I don't think B1 will be low at all, at least an average boundary, because the exam wasn't what they'd call unfair, it was just different. One business question and half the paper were questions based on data interpretation, which would've been in the paper anyway, data questions always are, but it's just in B1 there was an unusual amount

Biology wasn't unfair in general but certain media outlets perceived it as such. It was also kind of unfair specifically for me as I'd spent hours revising topics that didn't even appear in the exam. Although, I get that exam boards are allowed to focus on as much or as little of the syllabus as they want, I believe that an exam focusing so much on data interpretation, rather than important topics like the menstrual cycle, isn't an accurate way to measure ability or work ethic via the results.
Biology wasn't unfair in general but certain media outlets perceived it as such. It was also kind of unfair specifically for me as I'd spent hours revising topics that didn't even appear in the exam. Although, I get that exam boards are allowed to focus on as much or as little of the syllabus as they want, I believe that an exam focusing so much on data interpretation, rather than important topics like the menstrual cycle, isn't an accurate way to measure ability or work ethic via the results.

Yeah that's the only reason I was annoyed, was the fact that I had religiously revised larger topics and none came up
Original post by flowerglobe
will the edexcel grade boundaries be released on the 24th of August, because it wasn't released the day before a-level results day so I'm just wondering. :smile:

They were released at around 12:40 AM on the 24th :smile:
Original post by TheAnon121
They were released at around 12:40 AM on the 24th :smile:

Oh ok I guess I didn't look, thank you, now I can see if I got the grade for maths earlier!
Here's me 2 am in the morning with 4 days left til results day :sigh:

I'm surprised by how calm I am when I think about my results.( I'm usually the one that panics). And its not even because I think I did well but for some reason I just feel emotionless. Is this even normal? But I'll be spending results day home alone so if it's bad i have time to reflect on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jawsomesauce35
Here's me 2 am in the morning with 4 days left til results day :sigh:

I'm surprised by how calm I am when I think about my results.( I'm usually the one that panics). And its not even because I think I did well but for some reason I just feel emotionless. Is this even normal? But I'll be spending results day home alone so if it's bad i have time to reflect on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, everyone reacts different. Not everybody's gonna be like "omg results" I'm not going out either like most people simply because I just... Well... Don't want to. I mean, at some points I do feel like you do - emotionless, it's not all the time but I get it. So I suppose it is normal. Try not to dwell on it too much, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here and I'm sure plenty others are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Don't worry, everyone reacts different. Not everybody's gonna be like "omg results" I'm not going out either like most people simply because I just... Well... Don't want to. I mean, at some points I do feel like you do - emotionless, it's not all the time but I get it. So I suppose it is normal. Try not to dwell on it too much, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here and I'm sure plenty others are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thanks, really appreciate this. I think this thread became more like a support group than anything else 😂😂 but I suppose it is normal. I don't know whether I should open my results at school or at home. Where are you gonna open yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to sleep at 8 and woke up at 1am. I cant fall asleeep :frown:

Oh well. Do you want to know something irrelevant but interesting (well to me it is) 😄

Yesterday I had a cheat day after fasting for about 20 hours with an hour of exercise and yet I still lost 4 pounds! Basically I binged on 3 cookies, 2 burgers and a pack of mnms with lots of water (cuz i felt sick from eating that ****). Today I woke up feeling constipated so I did a big ****. Afterwards I checked my weight and it turns out I lost 4 pounds since yesterday :0
Yeah thanks, really appreciate this. I think this thread became more like a support group than anything else 😂😂 but I suppose it is normal. I don't know whether I should open my results at school or at home. Where are you gonna open yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you didn't ask me but I'm so lonely and I want to post :^)

I'm pretty sure my parents, teachers and friends are going to force me to open them at school haha :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it depends how patient I am when it comes to the day but probably at school so if I need to, I can discuss with teachers any problems. It really is like a support group, couldn't have got by the last week without it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else feel that they are going to be majorly disappointed on results day? There's so many factors that could go wrong, examiners missing out questions, examiners in a bad mood, not being able to read handwriting, not saying the correct word that was needed for the mark. Damn, I'm getting stressed out while typing this.

Sorry if I just increase you guys' worry by like 20X lol. :wink:
Original post by TheAnon121
Anyone else feel that they are going to be majorly disappointed on results day? There's so many factors that could go wrong, examiners missing out questions, examiners in a bad mood, not being able to read handwriting, not saying the correct word that was needed for the mark. Damn, I'm getting stressed out while typing this.

Sorry if I just increase you guys' worry by like 20X lol. :wink:

I feel like that myself. I don't wanna get my hopes up for results day in case I do really bad or the above

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just finished watching the latest season of orange is the new black. I can confirm that the character p*ssy dies in it. :frown:
Original post by JamDonuts4Life
I know you didn't ask me but I'm so lonely and I want to post :^)

I'm pretty sure my parents, teachers and friends are going to force me to open them at school haha :redface:

Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Well it depends how patient I am when it comes to the day but probably at school so if I need to, I can discuss with teachers any problems. It really is like a support group, couldn't have got by the last week without it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure my teachers will force me to open mine too but I don't really like any of them enough to open it for them. That sounds a bit cold but that's the honest truth. I will end up probably opening it alone and see how it goes. It is so much easier to talk to people that get it you know? Plus, my friends are all on holiday so I'm alone on this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest