The Student Room Group

BTEC Business Studies Extended

1 year?

So I flopped AS. I'm going to continue one of my AS's to A2 and I'm planning on taking on a big bad BTEC. Business Studies if you didn't digest the title.

My question is, if I ask the college will I be able to take the BTEC which is a 2 year course in... Drumroll please... 1 YEAR?

Or is it a completely stupid idea that I should just forget about. I want to avoid having to stay an extra year and go to University later. I'm willing to work hard to make sure I gather a great amount of UCAS points. Coursework is something I believe I'd work better with anyway.

So back to my question, is it possible (as in has it been done before?) or am I crazy for thinking of such a mad idea (I'm overdoing it here)?

Please get back ASAP. Thanks in advance mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's call this bad boy a fast track. 🌚
Reply 2
Original post by GradesUnlocked
1 year?

So I flopped AS. I'm going to continue one of my AS's to A2 and I'm planning on taking on a big bad BTEC. Business Studies if you didn't digest the title.

My question is, if I ask the college will I be able to take the BTEC which is a 2 year course in... Drumroll please... 1 YEAR?

Or is it a completely stupid idea that I should just forget about. I want to avoid having to stay an extra year and go to University later. I'm willing to work hard to make sure I gather a great amount of UCAS points. Coursework is something I believe I'd work better with anyway.

So back to my question, is it possible (as in has it been done before?) or am I crazy for thinking of such a mad idea (I'm overdoing it here)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really depends on your college. I was in somewhat similar situation where i was doing the double BTEC in science and 2 AS level, long story short most unis said that they wanted the extended diploma or three A levels, since I was doing 2 As's and double BTEC I was in an awkward situation. I dropped one of my AS levels at A2 and asked if I could take the extended units in one year, this meant I had to take the first year extended units as well as the second year extended units plus the second year modules for the double bfec in order to get the extended diploma - it worked out for me at the end and I got D*D*D*.Apologies if this is confusing, but let me know if you have more questions.

One more thing you can do right now is email the head of the course at your college and explain your situation to him so just in case he says no you can think of a back up, but it shouldn't be an issue if you can convince him that you are willing to put the work in. Keep in mind since you will be doing two years work in one year, there is a good chances that there will be clashes on your timetable - there were for me anyway. Best of luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
You can do it definitely, just with a lot of Hardwork it can be done.
And don't worry . Too much as long as you have the determination and will power everything is possible.

I do Btec business extended , which is how i know this. Feel free to PM me if you need advice or help. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by GradesUnlocked
1 year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doing the same thing bro, but I'm dong two btecs and 1 a level in a year. Do you think this is a good idea, especially when I wanna apply to uni's like Kent and Brunel?
Original post by polerat
It really depends on your college. I was in somewhat similar situation where i was doing the double BTEC in science and 2 AS level, long story short most unis said that they wanted the extended diploma or three A levels, since I was doing 2 As's and double BTEC I was in an awkward situation. I dropped one of my AS levels at A2 and asked if I could take the extended units in one year, this meant I had to take the first year extended units as well as the second year extended units plus the second year modules for the double bfec in order to get the extended diploma - it worked out for me at the end and I got D*D*D*.Apologies if this is confusing, but let me know if you have more questions.

One more thing you can do right now is email the head of the course at your college and explain your situation to him so just in case he says no you can think of a back up, but it shouldn't be an issue if you can convince him that you are willing to put the work in. Keep in mind since you will be doing two years work in one year, there is a good chances that there will be clashes on your timetable - there were for me anyway. Best of luck.

Original post by Ria25
You can do it definitely, just with a lot of Hardwork it can be done.
And don't worry . Too much as long as you have the determination and will power everything is possible.

I do Btec business extended , which is how i know this. Feel free to PM me if you need advice or help. :smile:

Thanks a lot for getting back to me, will definitely will take in what you've told me. 😊
Original post by Dnkz7
Doing the same thing bro, but I'm dong two btecs and 1 a level in a year. Do you think this is a good idea, especially when I wanna apply to uni's like Kent and Brunel?

I think it's quite a good idea, one I'm planning to take one. Just got to work really hard to ACE it all and hopefully you'll get into uni's you want. Good luck mate. And thanks for getting back! 😊
Reply 7
Original post by Dnkz7

What do you mean by '2 btecs'? Do you mean double?
Original post by Dnkz7

I think it's quite a good idea, one I'm planning to take on. Just got to work really hard to ACE it all and hopefully you'll get into uni's you want. Good luck mate. And thanks for getting back! 😊
Reply 9
Original post by polerat
What do you mean by '2 btecs'? Do you mean double?

Yeah, I'm doing double business. I need a lot of help though through out the year, I want to achieve D*D*. Do you think you can help me out if you have any resources to look at?
Original post by Dnkz7
Yeah, I'm doing double business. I need a lot of help though through out the year, I want to achieve D*D*. Do you think you can help me out if you have any resources to look at?

Ah ok, good luck man. And no sorry, my diploma was in science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending