The Student Room Group

Relationship and A-levels

Hi guys, I'm going into my A2 year and I have a long-distance relationship. He's in America and I'm in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could share their story about being in a relationship during A level or even uni and still getting great results. Your relationship doesn't have to be long-distance, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say because I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I know A2 will be a tough year.
We've been together for 5 months and I'm taking Politics, History, and Economics
Reply 1
Ive got a girlfriend here and I received very disappointing AS results (around C grades) when I was projected to get around A/B grades:/ Maybe its because I think of her so much and meet her, im not sure, It would be interesting to see the responses on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Z212
Hi guys, I'm going into my A2 year and I have a long-distance relationship. He's in America and I'm in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could share their story about being in a relationship during A level or even uni and still getting great results. Your relationship doesn't have to be long-distance, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say because I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I know A2 will be a tough year.
We've been together for 5 months and I'm taking Politics, History, and Economics

Original post by Bison206
Ive got a girlfriend here and I received very disappointing AS results (around C grades) when I was projected to get around A/B grades:/ Maybe its because I think of her so much and meet her, im not sure, It would be interesting to see the responses on this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to butt in, but are you asking the question specifically to Cambridge students/applicants?
If not, perhaps this forum is better place for you. :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=89
Original post by vincrows
Sorry to butt in, but are you asking the question specifically to Cambridge students/applicants?
If not, perhaps this forum is better place for you. :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Maybe because OP knows she's going to Cambridge?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by elmosandy
Maybe because OP knows he's going to Cambridge?

She's in uk.....
Original post by Z212
He's in America and I'm in the UK.

How?

did this ever become a relationship?
(edited 7 years ago)
She's in uk.....

????/ yes, University of Cambridge is in Cambridge, which is near London? Hence why I said maybe OP knows they're going to Cambridge hence why they probably posted this thread in the Cambridge University forum...
She's in uk.....

ah sorry, see the confusion, meant to put she meaning OP instead of he was a typo.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Z212

I would break up with him and focus on your A2 he lives in the USA and you are 17/18 give boys a break and meet someone closer to home which you will do at uni.*
Reply 9
Hi! Me and my partner are both unconditional for York Uni 2016 entry. We've been together (not long distance) for 3 and a half years, and I achieved grades A*AB at A-Level. I even scored 100% on one of my A2 exams.
So having a relationship definitely doesn't affect your studies, especially if you can't even see each other physically! You'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending