The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
After watching the Olympics I was inspired to attempt racewalking, mainly because I felt it would be a good conversation starter and because I'm really rather unfit.

Turns out that **** is dispiritingly painful. My calves were utterly shredded. Is this what becoming fit is meant be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't walk with ur legs mate.
U move 1 metre per 100 steps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
This is why I'm taking up college sports - less competitive than uni wide sports so probably less of a shock to lazy people like me :P
On a sidenote, I love the olympics! It is the one time every four years that you'll find me remotely interested in any sort of sport :smile:

I'm so glad Olympics were on this year, it was a good distraction from the results day wait
Original post by C0balt
I'm so glad Olympics were on this year, it was a good distraction from the results day wait

Every Team GB gold medal was a good omen :giggle:
Original post by C0balt

Claim; The Olympics is fake.
Proof:
You heard it here first.
They include stuff like walking but can't include stuff like cricket.
Yes, Cricket is a proper sport, tons of countries play it. Hence, Olympics is fake. Q.E.D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Claim; The Olympics is fake.
Proof:
You heard it here first.
They include stuff like walking but can't include stuff like cricket.
Yes, Cricket is a proper sport, tons of countries play it. Hence, Olympics is fake. Q.E.D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cricket is a 'trivial' sport, like this \emptyset.
Racewalking is a 'proper' sport, \subsetneq.
Original post by tiny hobbit
320 candidates got an A* in Edexcel Physics., 7% of candidates.

That's so ridiculous. Wow
Reply 3729
Original post by Medic_12345
I think I'd just have to walk tbh, so scared of riding unless it's in an open park, definitely not around people or cars >.< hopefully lectures won't be that far

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject are you doing?
Original post by alow
What subject are you doing?

Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3731

Do you know where your lectures are? I'd think some would be in the Downing Site which is a good 20-30 minutes walk away, depending on traffic lights.
Original post by alow
Do you know where your lectures are? I'd think some would be in the Downing Site which is a good 20-30 minutes walk away, depending on traffic lights.

Nah I have no idea; and deary me, bus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3733
Nah I have no idea; and deary me, bus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There used to be a bus but from this year it no longer stops outside Homerton, it stops at the train station instead.

Many people are pissed about this so it may change however.
Original post by alow
There used to be a bus but from this year it no longer stops outside Homerton, it stops at the train station instead.

Many people are pissed about this so it may change however.

Aww, hopefully it will otherwise I'll have to walk :frown: thank you for your help btw! What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3735
Aww, hopefully it will otherwise I'll have to walk :frown: thank you for your help btw! What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the HUS are talking to people about it, I guess we'll know soon if the bus will still be running.

No problem, I'm a NatSci, it's going to be my third year this year.
Original post by alow
Yeah the HUS are talking to people about it, I guess we'll know soon if the bus will still be running.

No problem, I'm a NatSci, it's going to be my third year this year.

Wow, well done on getting that far! Can I ask how you are able to handle the workload, do your supervisions help a lot with that? That's something I'm super worried about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you can take a bus to Addenbrooke's. I'm pretty sure the service will still be there when you start clinicals. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
At least you can take a bus to Addenbrooke's. I'm pretty sure the service will still be there who you start clinicals. :smile:

Yeah, when I was pooled the Dr on the phone said it was quite close to the hospital thankfully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, when I was pooled the Dr on the phone said it was quite close to the hospital thankfully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say it's 'close' but yes, it's easily accessible on a bus. :wink:
If you walk, it's *probably* (never walked myself) about 20-25? min, so it's about the same distance to the town centre.
Perhaps he meant it's closer than from other colleges. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending