The Student Room Group

Joint Honours Personal Statement

asasa sasa
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by poetika
I will apply to Philosophy/ Economics joint course for 4 universities. My last choice may be Cambridge University, but as you know, there are no joint courses there. So I can apply only for Philosophy. Does this decrease my chances of getting in because my personal statement will include an additional subject (Economics) ? I really need to be sure about this.
Thank you for your interest.

No, don't worry about it. As long as you have interesting things to say about philosophy, no one will hold it against you that you're talking about economics as well. Besides, there is plenty of philosophical interest in economics, so what you have to say about that could be relevant too.
Original post by Estreth
No, don't worry about it. As long as you have interesting things to say about philosophy, no one will hold it against you that you're talking about economics as well. Besides, there is plenty of philosophical interest in economics, so what you have to say about that could be relevant too.

Sorry to sound like a prick, but can I ask what your sources are for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SunnysideSea
Sorry to sound like a prick, but can I ask what your sources are for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Common sense about the realities of personal statement writing given the variation of specific degree courses applied for, in the context of personal experience of conducting university admissions, albeit not in philosophy. Obviously I can't pretend to speak for every admissions tutor at every university, and different ones will have different attitudes.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending