The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nwmyname
Hey guys
For anyone taking AQA GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

You can see how it looks like from this screenshot for biology.
Scroll down later to find Chemistry and Physics.

To any forum manager of the sciences GCSE forum, I would highly suggest you put this on your frontpage as a resource so other people can read it.
On results day, I will update the data with the 2016 exams.

Any questions, please ask me.
nwmyname.

Thanks for posting this.
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
Thanks for posting this.

Give me a rep on that post :wink: [just to get the forum managers to put it as a global resource]

Thanks anyway for your comment! :smile:
Good luck everybody! I hope you all SMASH it!
Original post by Im_trying
I'm really not clever so don't be mean but I did try really hard.

Maths - C (very unlikely)

English Lang - C (if lucky enough)

English lit - C (hmmm)

Science Core - C (umm probably not)

Science additional - C (wishful thinking)

Art - C (tried really hard really hard)

Computing - C (tried really hard but it was impossible)

Geography - C (foundation - tried hard but most likely a D)

As I've said its most likely going to be all D's for me but that's alright, I would be shocked if I get any Cs, hope you all do really well and get good grades!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with C's at all, they're still a pass at least. Even if you don't manage to get your desired grades this time round, you could always look to re-sit or consider some other options. If revision isn't really your thing, you could always look into trying some BTECs. As you can see, I'm kind of crap at giving advice but I really wouldn't worry about your results that much. As long as you've done your absolute best, that's fine.

I'm also predicted to get C's in my GCSEs so I'm hardly that intelligent myself, but I'm the polar oppsoite of you. At least you're able to say you worked hard in your exams. I'm a bit lazy so I didn't really revise for tje modulars in Year 10. However, don't think you can just give up or that I'm encouraging you to take the lazy route; quite the opposite! I'm actually aiming to turn myself around in Year 11 and aim for A and B grades in all subjects. Hopefully they'll let me re-sit any exams I failed.

I hope you do get those C's; you've clearly worked very hard so you deserve them! :redface:
Original post by Ev3lynn143
Thanks for sharing!
I got Advocate too:h:

I got architect (INTJ). I read the summary and it fits me so perfectly xD
Give me a rep on that post :wink: [just to get the forum managers to put it as a global resource]

Thanks anyway for your comment! :smile:

Okie dokes, will do. No problem.
Original post by jamestg
Good luck everybody! I hope you all SMASH it!

Thanks, you too! Hope you and everybody else get the grades you deserve!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, you too! Hope you and everybody else get the grades you deserve!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did :biggrin: AAAB at AS :h:
Original post by jamestg
I did :biggrin: AAAB at AS :h:

Congratulations! Sorry, didn't realise you were an A Level student. Anyway, those zre beilliant results! What A Levels do you study? :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zeldor711
I got architect (INTJ). I read the summary and it fits me so perfectly xD

I'm INTJ too - high five! :tongue:
any predictions for the A* mark for the AQA science papers?
Original post by Erin Cox
Is it weird to be more worried about speaking to other people on Results Day at school than what the actual results are?

I have an A* in AQA Music already and I was predicted 12 more A*s this year by my teachers... It's kinda terrifying having so much pressure on, and I know I'll be really annoyed with myself if I get a single A (which is stupid because it doesn't even matter, but perfectionism is a *****), but I worked hard and felt like the exams went really well so I'm not THAT worried. But the idea of all the teachers and other students asking me what I got and possible photos and lack of privacy and stuff makes me so anxious, I hate it.

Am I the only one?

I get you - I've already done half my GCSEs because my school is a huge advocate for early GCSEs, so I have 7 A*s. I feel like I ****ed up big time this year though, and if I get any As I will be so disappointed and upset. All my friends say stuff like "As are so good wtf" and stuff but I just really want a straight set of A*s

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:
Original post by cherryblossoming
I get you - I've already done half my GCSEs because my school is a huge advocate for early GCSEs, so I have 7 A*s. I feel like I ****ed up big time this year though, and if I get any As I will be so disappointed and upset. All my friends say stuff like "As are so good wtf" and stuff but I just really want a straight set of A*s

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:

I wish I was that perfect 😂 I think my best case scenario is 4A's and 4A*'s this year 😓
With the very real possibility of a couple of B's - God forbid 😰. And yes I agree I think the pressure of being expected to get really high grades is one of the worst bits 😂. And the fact that if you get A*s people think it was easy fir you or you breezed it. When in reality, even though GCSE's are relatively basic qualifications, they still require effort to be put in.
Original post by AlevelBiologist
I wish I was that perfect 😂 I think my best case scenario is 4A's and 4A*'s this year 😓
With the very real possibility of a couple of B's - God forbid 😰. And yes I agree I think the pressure of being expected to get really high grades is one of the worst bits 😂. And the fact that if you get A*s people think it was easy fir you or you breezed it. When in reality, even though GCSE's are relatively basic qualifications, they still require effort to be put in.

I'm sure you'll do great, good luck! :biggrin:

Also don't let me put you off, 4 A*s and 4 As is really great. Half my friends group would kill for those grades lmao

As for the expectation of a B grade, I honestly think I got a B in Drama. Tbh I would be fine with it ultimately, albeit reluctantly, because it is what it is. I'm more scared about how I'm going to explain to my dad that I got a B in something smh
Hey, don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with C's at all, they're still a pass at least. Even if you don't manage to get your desired grades this time round, you could always look to re-sit or consider some other options. If revision isn't really your thing, you could always look into trying some BTECs. As you can see, I'm kind of crap at giving advice but I really wouldn't worry about your results that much. As long as you've done your absolute best, that's fine.

I'm also predicted to get C's in my GCSEs so I'm hardly that intelligent myself, but I'm the polar oppsoite of you. At least you're able to say you worked hard in your exams. I'm a bit lazy so I didn't really revise for tje modulars in Year 10. However, don't think you can just give up or that I'm encouraging you to take the lazy route; quite the opposite! I'm actually aiming to turn myself around in Year 11 and aim for A and B grades in all subjects. Hopefully they'll let me re-sit any exams I failed.

I hope you do get those C's; you've clearly worked very hard so you deserve them! :redface:

Thank so much! Yeah if I get Cs I will be very happy! I would really work hard in year 11 it's worth it, I found it really hard to work as I didn't work at all in year 10. Every Monday and Wednesday I would stay till 7pm just doing maths (only in April, May and June) but at least I will be able to say I did my best:-) you will be fine! Are you doing those new GCSE things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryblossoming
I'm sure you'll do great, good luck! :biggrin:

Also don't let me put you off, 4 A*s and 4 As is really great. Half my friends group would kill for those grades lmao

As for the expectation of a B grade, I honestly think I got a B in Drama. Tbh I would be fine with it ultimately, albeit reluctantly, because it is what it is. I'm more scared about how I'm going to explain to my dad that I got a B in something smh

Thanks, good luck to you, too. What will you be doing at A level?
Hey guys
For anyone taking AQA GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

Thank you so much for this! It's nice that you're treating us as special as the A-Levellers are being treated. It's also nice to see a good layout of GBs :biggrin:
Well, I did RS short course and, I'm quite scared. I dont think that it went badly but Im just hoping for a mark higher than the one I got in my mock.
Thank so much! Yeah if I get Cs I will be very happy! I would really work hard in year 11 it's worth it, I found it really hard to work as I didn't work at all in year 10. Every Monday and Wednesday I would stay till 7pm just doing maths (only in April, May and June) but at least I will be able to say I did my best:-) you will be fine! Are you doing those new GCSE things?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. My year group is the first to sit the new cohort of GCSEs in English Language, Literature and Maths, apparently. Thanks, by the way. Good luck for Thursday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, good luck for Thursday. Thanks for the advice. And yup, my year group is the first to sit the new cohort in English Language & Literature and Maths, apperently. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest