The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English Language

Please post results and and issues,with exam .
Did you get your actual results?
I have a result on MCAS but I think its only the Speaking grade as of right now (18/08)
Reply 2
Did anyone get 26/50 in the exam?
Reply 3
Original post by Theplace
Did anyone get 26/50 in the exam?

Plenty of people I should think. There is a big bunching of candidates getting in the mid 20s as the notional grade boundaries for the paper are very close.
Reply 4
Thankyou.
Do you think if you submit high cw and speaking and exam is 26, tney will moderate down the overall grade?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Thankyou.
Do,you think if,you submit high cw and speaking smd your exam is 26, tney will moderate down the overall grade?

No, it doesn't work like that. The 3 units are separate, a poor performance on one unit does not lead them to drop the mark on another.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
No, it doesn't work like that. The 3 units are separate, a poor performance on one unit does not lead them to drop the mark on another.

Thankyou,
What grade is 97. Is it A
What grade is 91
Reply 7
Thankyou,
What grade is 97. Is it A
What grade is 91

Assuming you took the spec approved for teacingin state schools and Option 02 (Extended writing) then 97 is an A and 91 a B.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
Assuming you took the spec approved for teacingin state schools and Option 02 (Extended writing) then 97 is an A and 91 a B.

Thankyou. Does the board mark the c/w or s/l down? Or do they accept the grades entered by the school?
Reply 9
Thankyou. Does the board mark the c/w or s/l down? Or do they accept the grades entered by the school?

It depends on whether they agree with the school's marking.
(They do scale the speaking and listening to make it out of 25 not 30, but that just a straight x 5/6. The may also moderate it.)
I haven't got my exam result yet but have 30/30 in speaking and 49/50 in coursework.
Reply 11
Original post by TheBirdman
I haven't got my exam result yet but have 30/30 in speaking and 49/50 in coursework.

Well done, I had 27/30 and 49/50 , however the marks cam back as 20/30'amd 39/50.
Reply 12
Original post by Compost
(They do scale the speaking and listening to make it out of 25 not 30, but that just a straight x 5/6. The may also moderate it.)

So the school actually submits the tape and coursework? Not just the grades.
Reply 13
Original post by Compost

So in the result they send back to the school the speaking is out of 25!
So the school actually submits the tape and coursework? Not just the grades.

They have to submit some of them so the exam board can check their marking is accurate.
So in the result they send back to the school the speaking is out of 25!

The S&L mark that is used to calculate the final mark is out of 25.
Reply 16
Original post by TheBirdman

The board might moderate that down. You don't have anything yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending