The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gsbs2
do they send it immediately or is there screening? I know last year there wasn't SJT, and tests were only sent after screening

They screen before
With Lazard, they only have positions for Financial Advisers... Are they not gonna have some proper asset management positions?! thanks
Reply 782
Original post by TheParham
With Lazard, they only have positions for Financial Advisers... Are they not gonna have some proper asset management positions?! thanks

The AM positions open in October according to the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
The AM positions open in October according to the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Topmaaaaaaaan
Original post by gsbs2
do they send it immediately or is there screening? I know last year there wasn't SJT, and tests were only sent after screening

Yep, screen before - SJT is untimed
Original post by Oschene23
Yep, screen before - SJT is untimed

Have you heard back since completing the SJT?
Assuming Deutsche Bank only accept final year students for their full-time programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Breakingbank

Nah and I did mine Friday night
Original post by Breakingbank

Nope
So for the DB CIB corporate finance app the questions are the same as when i applied for the spring week... can i get away with reusing some stuff?

Edit: i also can't figure out whether they want a cover letter in addition to their questions lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bored565
So for the DB CIB corporate finance app the questions are the same as when i applied for the spring week... can i get away with reusing some stuff?

Edit: i also can't figure out whether they want a cover letter in addition to their questions lol

Yeah I reckon so, but I guess beef it up as much as you can tbh. Do you know if DB send tests after the app + if you can put a reference on there?
I'm hoping to get into DB's Special Situations Group SSG (Real Estate) there own private equity fund for next summer. Does anyone know if apps open for that or if it come under the banner of Corporate Finance and then you can get into through group placement? Or am I going to have to get in through a non standard procedure? I'm also interested to see if they open up apps for their Real Estate Finance Division- not consumer lending but speculative development, mezzanine, portfolio acquisitions sponsors ect?
Original post by Eli5k
Well, I mean it is a nobel prize winning model, so I assumed it was a bit advanced to explain for an S&T internship lol. But if im okay just saying its a model to price European options then i guess its cool.

I should imagine that you could be asked a question like this from a tough interviewer, but your answer would unlikely be expected to be any more than what it does (i.e. price options) and a more detailed explanation of what an option actually is.

Also, just so you know: something being "nobel prize winning" is absolutely no grounds on which to say that it is beyond the scope of an explanation for someone our age. I'm doing physics and we cover plenty of things that were nobel prize-worthy at the time.

Just because something requires immense intelligence to discover does not by any means suggest that it requires much intelligence to explain/use.
Original post by olly_price
I should imagine that you could be asked a question like this from a tough interviewer, but your answer would unlikely be expected to be any more than what it does (i.e. price options) and a more detailed explanation of what an option actually is.

Also, just so you know: something being "nobel prize winning" is absolutely no grounds on which to say that it is beyond the scope of an explanation for someone our age. I'm doing physics and we cover plenty of things that were nobel prize-worthy at the time.

Just because something requires immense intelligence to discover does not by any means suggest that it requires much intelligence to explain/use.

Very well said
Original post by ESTATEREAL
I'm hoping to get into DB's Special Situations Group SSG (Real Estate) there own private equity fund for next summer. Does anyone know if apps open for that or if it come under the banner of Corporate Finance and then you can get into through group placement? Or am I going to have to get in through a non standard procedure? I'm also interested to see if they open up apps for their Real Estate Finance Division- not consumer lending but speculative development, mezzanine, portfolio acquisitions sponsors ect?

Call HR graduate team and they'll explain it all
Reply 795
Original post by olly_price

Fair enough. Thanks for the help with the question :smile:
Original post by Eli5k
Could you be asked to explain the Black-Scholes Model if you apply for S&T or is that something not to worry about?

Answer: its the model where you mould a player to have both viera and scholes attributes to create a 'black scholes' aka Paul pogba
Original post by Commercial Paper
Assuming Deutsche Bank only accept final year students for their full-time programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also interested in this, anyone has experience with it from previous years? It doesn't specify graduation year in the job description for an internship, but in role search only graduate roles come up for final year students.
Am I right assuming that GHL doesn't accept applications for SA, but only FT?
Original post by torres657
Am I right assuming that GHL doesn't accept applications for SA, but only FT?

No, they definitely take on SAs. Apply via Freshminds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending