The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

stanmer court

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PugDevil
Yes definitely! It was a bit tight near the end of the term, but it was manageable :biggrin:

ahh ok, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by folieadeux
I'm in Stanmer Court too! Bit worried about it being far away from everyone else on campus, but I've just found one of my flatmates on Facebook and he seems nice enough! What flat no. you guys in? - might be sensible not to post it on an open forum like this, so PM me!

how do we get into this Fb group? it's the private one right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
how do we get into this Fb group? it's the private one right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Found the group on Facebook and requested to join it, then one of the admins accepted it about 2 hours later.
Original post by folieadeux
Found the group on Facebook and requested to join it, then one of the admins accepted it about 2 hours later.

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've also been put in stanmer court, does anyone know if train noise is an issue? I'm worried about that but also about being more secluded from campus
I've been put in Stanmer Courts too, but haven't been able to find any of my flatmates yet! I'm a bit worried about it being kind of isolated from the rest of campus 😕
Original post by katelizzie11
I've also been put in stanmer court, does anyone know if train noise is an issue? I'm worried about that but also about being more secluded from campus

I've read around that the train noise has been an issue :/ I'm also worried about being secluded from campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lottie_19
I've been put in Stanmer Courts too, but haven't been able to find any of my flatmates yet! I'm a bit worried about it being kind of isolated from the rest of campus 😕

do we find our flat mates on fb page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
do we find our flat mates on fb page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - that's how I've found some of mine 🙂
Original post by lottie_19
Yes - that's how I've found some of mine 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I'm in Stanmer court too! The place seems nice and looking at the info from last year it seems comfortable enough and super close to classes and transport links - I assume we get used to the train too!
Original post by Megst
I'm in Stanmer court too! The place seems nice and looking at the info from last year it seems comfortable enough and super close to classes and transport links - I assume we get used to the train too!

awesome! what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't found anyone in the group who is in my flat yet, just want to know who my flat mates are!
Original post by PugDevil
I think it's more... everyone in Stanmer knows one another really well - but everyone on campus mixes more obviously. During Freshers week, it doesn't really matter - everyone goes to all halls :smile:

Edit: Sorry if there are multiple posts of the same thing... the site is going mad :redface:

Haha no worries, and well I'm not staying in Stanmer but I really didn't like the vibe that I read about nor it's location. Only good thing is it's closer to the gym.

also wanted to ask, were you able to manage money wise? since this accommodation is very expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look, just don't be a noob and make sure you budget. If that means excel spreadsheets, then that means excel spread sheets. You might find you get a 3k bursary in your first year from the university. I know I did.
Original post by Ella.ferriter
I haven't found anyone in the group who is in my flat yet, just want to know who my flat mates are!

might be me :tongue: just requested to join the fb group

Posted from TSR Mobile
do we need to accept our place to be able to join the fb page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure, idk how they would be able to tell
Reply 37
awesome! what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing sociology! Wbu?
Reply 38

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to but it makes it easier to meet flatmates since you're definitely in that accommodation!
Original post by Megst
You don't have to but it makes it easier to meet flatmates since you're definitely in that accommodation!

oh ok thanks! and in response to ur other post, I'm studying chemistry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest