The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
you are so cute who are you pls come and talk to me that way x

Awww that's so sweet ☺️. I just read your post about you and your mum. You are definitely not worthless. You are worth a great amount and many people can see that. Parents often don't show it and take out their anger on their kids but I believe deep down, they still love you so much. Whatever people say about you and it upsets you to make you feel worthless just remember that they are the ones who are awful to say such hurtful things and just keep smiling and remember that you're so much more X
I don't mean to sound rude here but it seems like you've only came here to hear people tell you how awful your mum is rather than listen to constructive advice that people are trying to give you

Right now I can't get over the hurtful things she's said about me, fair enough if she says it to my face but she goes and talks behind my back. Yes she's human too I know blah blah but I don't see her as anything other than a phony. She can take her fake nice act somewhere else. I want to die so she can see what it's like to lose a child, then maybe then she'll learn not to hurt her daughter where it hurts the most just because I can't drive. I've always known it deep down she doesn't want me for a daughter and would rather have someone else as a daughter. All my life she's compared me to everyone else but me and made me feel like I'm never good enough. Just because I'm biologically linked to her doesn't mean I have to look up to her and see her as some idol because she's not. I'm not going to be in awe of a phony who's fake to her own daughter.

Sorry I'm not ranting at you personally, I just really needed to get that off my chest and TSR is the only place I have to do that
Right now I can't get over the hurtful things she's said about me, fair enough if she says it to my face but she goes and talks behind my back. Yes she's human too I know blah blah but I don't see her as anything other than a phony. She can take her fake nice act somewhere else. I want to die so she can see what it's like to lose a child, then maybe then she'll learn not to hurt her daughter where it hurts the most just because I can't drive. I've always known it deep down she doesn't want me for a daughter and would rather have someone else as a daughter. All my life she's compared me to everyone else but me and made me feel like I'm never good enough. Just because I'm biologically linked to her doesn't mean I have to look up to her and see her as some idol because she's not. I'm not going to be in awe of a phony who's fake to her own daughter.

Sorry I'm not ranting at you personally, I just really needed to get that off my chest and TSR is the only place I have to do that

Trust me I've felt exactly the same way. I think the majority of mothers and daughters go through this.

I have GAD and Panic Disorder which can flare up really really bad at times. During these flare ups my mum has told me to calm down and I'm a drama queen and told members of the family that I'm crazy etc. However, it boiled down to her not really understanding that it was something I had no control over. I explained everything to my aunt and my aunt talked to her and explained that it was a medical thing and I couldn't control it and couldn't just 'grow up'. It helped having that third party to be able to explain these things. It really helped my mum understand why I freaked out so easily.
Perhaps it would be usual to get a third family member to really explain to your mum how your disorder really affects you?

I'm sure she loves you unconditionally and wouldn't have anyone else as her daughter. It's tough being an adult daughter and it's also tough to be the mother of an adult daughter.

I think all mothers at one point or another compares their child to another. My mum does it constantly. It's one of those the grass is always greener things and truly it doesn't mean she loves you any less.

There's times I hate my mum and see her as the worst in the world and say awful things about her that I really don't mean. She does the same to me. But it doesn't mean we don't love eachother or that we wouldn't do anything for eachother. I'm positive your mums feels the same about you.

You really really need to calmly communicate with her. Practice in your head so that it doesn't bring tears straight away when you try to articulate your side and feelings. I'm over emotional and I find this helps.
She's your mother and she'll listen and understand. You just have to give her the chance
No no I have a teacher but he's away at the moment so I was having extra sessions to practice with her but I'm not going to have any more with her. yes you right I will just do my own thing from now on until I go back to uni. My dad is usually of no help, he'll listen to everything and not really give much input back :frown: but thank you for your nice words

Good plan. Okay no worries :smile:
Act like that? What just because I'm in uni I'm not allowed to be upset

Oh my gosh poor you :frown: I'm so sorry I wish I had a sister as well but then sometimes I don't because I know my mum would just talk about me behind my back to my sister and compare me to her. If she's hitting you though you need to report your mum!! You don't deserve that

I try to keep it in though, but sometimes I just give up, like what's the use, I just hope that I can move away from home a sap and live my life with a little more freedom than what I have ☺️ Which is basically nothing 🙈 And that is very true, my mum compares me to cousins and random people who are like 26 and I'm 16 so that's weird but oh well 😁 Awhh tysm for your sympathy but I've tried counselling but I don't think I could ever report my mum and get her locked up or something because no matter what she's still my mum and I know deep down she loves me even though she's never shown it. 💖
Awww :frown:(((( I use to experience hate from my sister but it got better. And it will for you hopefully :frown: don't worry baby, we are all here if you need to talk. I do hope it gets better for you. Hate seeing people sad. Here's a tight hug :frown: Xx

Awwhh sorry to hear that. Hope things are better for you! ☺️ Thank you so much and I really hope so too 💛 Thank you so much for all the sympathy! You're an amazing person whoever you are! :hugs:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Awwhh sorry to hear that. Hope things are better for you! ☺️ Thank you so much and I really hope so too 💛 Thank you so much for all the sympathy! You're an amazing person whoever you are! :hugs:

Awww they are great now. I guess in my experience, the only reason she was like THAt was because she was going through that teenage phase ahaha. And don't you worry ☺️ You deserve to be happy and to be treated well. Keep smiling boo ☺️ And I'm just another friendly human being, aiming to put a smile on people's faces ☺️ X
Awww they are great now. I guess in my experience, the only reason she was like THAt was because she was going through that teenage phase ahaha. And don't you worry ☺️ You deserve to be happy and to be treated well. Keep smiling boo ☺️ And I'm just another friendly human being, aiming to put a smile on people's faces ☺️ X

Glad to hear it! 💖 Oh the moody days I guess 😚 Awhh thank you so much! 😊 You certainly have put a smile on my face! 💚😜 I try to smile! 💜 May god bless you with everything! 😉 Thank you for your kindness 👍🏼 I would love to kno who you are if you wanaa pm me 😌 I just wanaa talk to the person behind all this kindness! 😘
Sorry to hear you went through this with your mum. I did too in the past with my own mum. She said nasty things both to my face and behind and some things were just petty things you say in the heat of the moment, they were damn right cruel and vindictive. You have every right to feel how you feel about it but I do hope you have calmed down a little now and that hopefully things have improved with you and your mum, even just a little. I know the tension with your mum might be a long standing issue and not just related to this one event, me and my mum were like this all throughout my childhood until I moved out at 18 so I know how draining it can get when its constant tension. Me and my mum have a great relationship now so people can change for the better.

Hope you are feeling better now :hugs:
Original post by natasha_xxx
oh,im so sorry! my mum is very nice but when she gets mad,she litterely hits me sometimes... it really hurts my feelings.. but at the end of the day my mum realizes what she has done wrong and im sure your mum will too!

always smile! you are such an amazing person! dont feel bad im sure your mum will undertsand what she has dne wrong. dont worry we are here for you! may god bless you ! stay happy and stay positive,satying optimistic about things will cheer you up!
always smile! you are such an amazing person! dont feel bad im sure your mum will undertsand what she has dne wrong. dont worry we are here for you! may god bless you ! stay happy and stay positive,satying optimistic about things will cheer you up!

sorry for the grammer mistakes-
oh,im so sorry! my mum is very nice but when she gets mad,she litterely hits me sometimes... it really hurts my feelings.. but at the end of the day my mum realizes what she has done wrong and im sure your mum will too!

This thread is almost 5 years old...
(edited 2 years ago)
Oh get over it. People i my fam used to physically attack me.

If it's that bad call the cops on her, I did.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending