The Student Room Group

Verbal offer? In doubt about sure confirmation...

Hey guys,
Yesterday I called the uni and they gave me a verbal offer even though I received all Cs when they originally required bbb.
The admin officer offered me this and I have literally taken the risk of adding this on clearing...they sed it will take until monday or tuesday for it to be confirmed so that the admin tutor ( who isnt there this weekend) to check and make sure its right..

I can't believe it...so can they take this offer away from me? Because the admin tutor hasnt seen it?
I added it on clearing soo im really worried they will not confirm it or something...i mean they did originally want Bs
Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Hey guys,
Yesterday I called brunel and they gave me a verbal offer even though I received all Cs when they originally required bbb.
The admin officer offered me this and I have literally taken the risk of adding this on clearing...they sed it will take until monday or tuesday for it to be confirmed so that the admin tutor ( who isnt there this weekend) to check and make sure its right..

I can't believe it...so can they take this offer away from me? Because the admin tutor hasnt seen it?
I added it on clearing soo im really worried they will not confirm it or something...i mean they did originally want Bs
Thank you

Bro call them up, and i cant stress this enough take the names and surnames of everyone you talk to because I was in a similar situation. Call them up if someone tells you they cant help ask them to transfer you to someone who can and take their name aswell. I was given a verbal offer and then when I callled up about a woman on the phone told me there was nothing she could do and gave me some ******** sympathy. I called up again a nice guy called Ollie sorted everything out for me now im in the process of doing my accomodation.
Original post by thecho$enone
Bro call them up, and i cant stress this enough take the names and surnames of everyone you talk to because I was in a similar situation. Call them up if someone tells you they cant help ask them to transfer you to someone who can and take their name aswell. I was given a verbal offer and then when I callled up about a woman on the phone told me there was nothing she could do and gave me some ******** sympathy. I called up again a nice guy called Ollie sorted everything out for me now im in the process of doing my accomodation.

I see wat u mean..howEVER I have added them on clearing already and rejected another offer...also they sent me an emal and then I got another email...this is exactly wat it says '
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you in September.'

The reason why I am in doubt is because you see the admin tutor wasnt in...the admin officer decided this...should I be worried then...I have an id number and everything....

What happened to you sort of happened to me at the beginning...i kept being transferred and then the line just redirected back to clearing so I had to explain like again and again and the admin officer spoke to me
(edited 7 years ago)
I see wat u mean..howEVER I have added them on clearing already and rejected another offer...also they sent me an emal and then I got another email...this is exactly wat it says '
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you in September.'

The reason why I am in doubt is because you see the admin tutor wasnt in...the admin officer decided this...should I be worried then...I have an id number and everything....

What happened to you sort of happened to me at the beginning...i kept being transferred and then the line just redirected back to clearing so I had to explain like again and again and the admin officer spoke to me

You should be fine has track changed, if it has then your place is definitely solid. But since you have the email aswell you are pretty solid.
Omg I am in the same position at another Uni, I've received both verbal and written offers but no change in track. I'll wait for tomorrow and see
Original post by thecho$enone
You should be fine has track changed, if it has then your place is definitely solid. But since you have the email aswell you are pretty solid.

ok im really unsure...its just I have been really trying to get a place and this just suddenly happened

track hasnt changed yet...is this wat happened to u...did you get an email and things from the same uni as me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KINGYusuf
Omg I am in the same position at another Uni, I've received both verbal and written offers but no change in track. I'll wait for tomorrow and see

Oh really? you can call and check..I think it takes long...there is no harm in calling and checking...how many days hasnt been since your verbal offer?
Oh really? you can call and check..I think it takes long...there is no harm in calling and checking...how many days hasnt been since your verbal offer?

2 days. But my Uni isn't doing clearing today, they'll open tomorrow so I guess I'll call them then. They did say though it would take a few days, what about you?
2 days. But my Uni isn't doing clearing today, they'll open tomorrow so I guess I'll call them then. They did say though it would take a few days, what about you?

My verbal offer was yesterday but they sed it may take till monday or tuesday to sort out since the admin tutor isnt here...which uni is urs?
My verbal offer was yesterday but they sed it may take till monday or tuesday to sort out since the admin tutor isnt here...which uni is urs?

Queen Mary wbu?
Queen Mary wbu?

(edited 7 years ago)
Brunel...wat course?

Mech Eng
Mech Eng

awesome...well good luck..i guess let me know when they reply...im sure itll be pretty soon:h:
awesome...well good luck..i guess let me know when they reply...im sure itll be pretty soon:h:

Thanks, you too. What course are you doing?
Thanks, you too. What course are you doing?

Biomed...i really hope they dont take the offer form me...that's my worry at the moment
Biomed...i really hope they dont take the offer form me...that's my worry at the moment

Is that even possible? :frown: I declined my other offer. Surely they can't.
Is that even possible? :frown: I declined my other offer. Surely they can't.

exactly what I did...i really dont know...i just am in doubt...cos they werent giving it to me...and then just suddenly it all changed,,,i dunno i think ur good though
exactly what I did...i really dont know...i just am in doubt...cos they werent giving it to me...and then just suddenly it all changed,,,i dunno i think ur good though

I think we've got nothing to worry about. In a few days we'll come back to this thread laughing lol
I think we've got nothing to worry about. In a few days we'll come back to this thread laughing lol

haha i hope your right...fingers crossed:crossedf:

Hey I got an email saying that my place is confirmed...however track hasnt changed..u?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending