The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OddFuturez
When's the last day for a remark please???
26th August for AQA as far as I know. Don't know about the other exam boards.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OddFuturez
When's the last day for a remark please???

Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
26th August for AQA as far as I know. Don't know about the other exam boards.

Here's a slightly confusing flowchart which has the dates and fees on it: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/pdf/AQA-W-POST-RESULTS-FEES-FLOWCHART.PDF
I had a nightmare that I misread a B as an A and thought I'd got AAAA when really I'd got AAAB. Then I woke up and checked and it was still AAAA. Scary.
Does anyone on her who has done one of the reformed A Levels have any idea as to how we enter the AS grade on UCAS given the qualification name doesn't appear? There is no option for my history course at AS (only A2) so I don't know where to enter my grade...
Results

English Language (A2!): Predicted A / Achieved A

English Literature: Predicted A / Achieved B

History: Predicted C / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
Really happy overall! Tad disappointed with Literature but I have to redo the exams anyway because they're post reform so it doesn't matter too much. I got an A in my only A2 (Carried over from when I moved college last year) so I'm really pleased!

Future ambitions
Hopefully get my grades up to AAA/AAB this year, take up the EPQ as I'm only doing two A2s now having finished Language and get an offer from York for English. :biggrin:
AQA right?

Edexcel maths, AQA physics
Original post by TrueDAN
Edexcel maths, AQA physics
Rotfl:colone:. I got a C for AQA Physics as well :colondollar:
Original post by EmilyJ1215
Does anyone on her who has done one of the reformed A Levels have any idea as to how we enter the AS grade on UCAS given the qualification name doesn't appear? There is no option for my history course at AS (only A2) so I don't know where to enter my grade...

Hey, I clicked 'add qualifications' on the Education section and selected 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary' - I added Sociology but History also appears on this list. I've listed my AS Sociology as a separate qualification from A-level Sociology for now (just put the grade as 'pending' on A-level). Hope this makes sense and sorry if it's not what you asked!
Did anyone get all A's for ALL UNITS ( if so how many ) ??
Results

English Language: Predicted C / Achieved A

English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B

History: Predicted B / Achieved B

Sociology: Predicted A/ Achieved B

Comments and reactions
I was really surprised with my results as I was certain that I had failed History. So overall I am really pleased, however I know that I could have gotten better in Sociology and History! I was slightly disappointed in English Literature due to the fact I was 1 mark of an A, but sadly my courses are linear so a remark would seem pointless.

Future ambitions

Hopefully get my grades up to AAA/AAB for next year. I am wanting to study History or English Literature but I'm really unsure. Any help on this decision would be appreciated. I also want to get an A in my EPQ (if anyone else is doing this with AQA let me know)!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NNB_Herath
I didn’t. Did you?
Original post by 10studentlife
Results

English Language: Predicted C / Achieved A

English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B

History: Predicted B / Achieved B

Sociology: Predicted A/ Achieved B

Comments and reactions
I was really surprised with my results as I was certain that I had failed History. So overall I am really pleased, however I know that I could have gotten better in Sociology and History! I was slightly disappointed in English Literature due to the fact I was 1 mark of an A, but sadly my courses are linear so a remark would seem pointless.

Future ambitions

Hopefully get my grades up to AAA/AAB for next year. I am wanting to study History or English Literature but I'm really unsure. Any help on this decision would be appreciated. I also want to get an A in my EPQ (if anyone else is doing this with AQA let me know)!

I just got an A* in my EPQ last week so PM me if you any advice !
I didn’t. Did you?

Yep... I did 4 subjects...Bio Chem Physics Maths (IAL)
I got 11 A's for all units
Yep... I did 4 subjects...Bio Chem Physics Maths (IAL)
I got 11 A's for all units
Wait Maths has 3 units. How are the other 8 units shared between the sciences.
Wait Maths has 3 units. How are the other 8 units shared between the sciences.

I did C12 and S1 for MATHS
I did C12 and S1 for MATHS

Oh right calm. I already know how the Maths AS is structured. You said you did 11 units across your 4 subjects. How were the 8 units structured in Biology , Chemistry and Physics?
Oh right calm. I already know how the Maths AS is structured. You said you did 11 units across your 4 subjects. How were the 8 units structured in Biology , Chemistry and Physics?

Structures were as usual i guess :s-smilie:
I don't get what you ask for
1.Bio Unit 1
2.Bio Unit 2
3.Bio Unit 3

4.Chem Unit 1
5.Chem Unit 2
6.Chem Unit 3

7.Physics Unit 1
8.Physics Unit 2
9.Physics Unit 3

10.Math C12
11.Math S1
(edited 7 years ago)

Yes I did - maths, further maths, geography, music - total 11 units all As
Structures were as usual i guess :s-smilie:
I don't get what you ask for
1.Bio Unit 1
2.Bio Unit 2
3.Bio Unit 3

4.Chem Unit 1
5.Chem Unit 2
6.Chem Unit 3

7.Physics Unit 1
8.Physics Unit 2
9.Physics Unit 3

10.Math C12
11.Math S1
I think it's an international thing (IAL?). I thought when you wrote C12 that you ment C1, C2 hence maths would have consisted of 3 units :redface:. Makes sense now. Well done for smashing the a grades in the 11 units!!
(edited 7 years ago)
I think it's an international thing (IAL?). I thought when you wrote C12 that you ment C1, C2 hence maths would of consisted of 3 units :redface:. Makes sense now. Well done for smashing the a grades in the 11 units!!

awww got you now xD

Quick Reply

Latest