The Student Room Group

What will you do if things don't go your way?

Well with GCSEs results day creeping around the corner, it's time to actually think about what you're going to do if the results don't go your way.

First off, what subject do you definitely think you'll do well in, and what grade do you think you'll achieve?

What will you do if you didn't get the grades you want, but your grades are good enough to land your college/sixth form placement?

Will you consider a remark if you're a couple marks away from the next grade boundary, knowing that your grade could possibly drop?

How would you honestly feel if you didn't do well in that subject that you absolutely love?

Finally, would you consider resits to amend a grade?
Original post by Vyres
Well with GCSEs results day creeping around the corner, it's time to actually think about what you're going to do if the results don't go your way.

First off, what subject do you definitely think you'll do well in, and what grade do you think you'll achieve?

What will you do if you didn't get the grades you want, but your grades are good enough to land your college/sixth form placement?

Will you consider a remark if you're a couple marks away from the next grade boundary, knowing that your grade could possibly drop?

How would you honestly feel if you didn't do well in that subject that you absolutely love?

Cry your eyes out until your body has turned into a shrivelled prune from crying so much
Reply 2
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Cry your eyes out until your body has turned into a shrivelled prune from crying so much

Fair enough... :K:
Reply 3
Original post by Vyres

Probably Spanish with an A/A*

I think I'll be happy with whatever I get as long as I get in and I'm able to do the subjects I want

No

I'd just be really annoyed for a while but I'd get over it

For maths and English, yes.
Reply 4
I think I've done well with Maths, that's the only paper I'm confident that I've done well in. However my science papers are a little ~worrying~

If I were to fail, and not make it into my sixth form (for it is a pretty prestigious one) I would be absolutely crushed, like getting 4th in the Olympics crushed .
Reply 5
Original post by Locyce
I think I've done well with Maths, that's the only paper I'm confident that I've done well in. However my science papers are a little ~worrying~

If I were to fail, and not make it into my sixth form (for it is a pretty prestigious one) I would be absolutely crushed, like getting 4th in the Olympics crushed .

I know exactly how you feel... Especially that my sixth form also requires extremely high grades. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest