The Student Room Group

Any point remarking? One UMS away!!

Erh this is so typical- I was one UMS off an A in my History A level. I want to remark but the thing is I did really well in my paper it was essentially my AS and coursework which let me down- so if I were to remark I could only remark the one I got good in- to be exact I got 106/120 in that paper
(edited 7 years ago)
You might as well
Reply 2
I'm in the same position for history as well. I'm 2 UMS off an A but it was my A2 paper that dragged my score down.
See here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4258932

More scope as its essay based, which gives you more scope, but you will only get a change in the case of genuine error.

I'd say the chance of getting 107/120 is extremely remote becayse they already thought you were excellent.

Talk to your teacher about the option of retaking the other aspects if it matters that much. No idea if you cna redo just the coursework, but that would be in your control and I cnat see how you couldnt find an extra mark.
Reply 4
I've got into my first choice uni so it's not really necessary. Just for me personally
Original post by mccf
I've got into my first choice uni so it's not really necessary. Just for me personally

In that case no point, spend your money elsewhere
Reply 6
yeah true. I'm just a competitive person with myself and got 3As in the other components.
No I got into my first choice, I suppose its just personal goals.
Should I bother getting two maths exams remarked when 80 ums was an a and I got 77 in one exam and 78 in another?
I think a remark is almost always worth a try. A monkey marked one of my A2 Geography papers and it went up by 7 UMS on the remark!!! I needed 4 more UMS for the A :smile:

A GCSE English Literature paper I had remarked went up by 4 UMS which also changed my B to an A when I only needed 1 more UMS.
Original post by mccf

Same, but for geography, was expecting at least an A, and ended up being 3 UMS points off -_-
does anybody know what this " subjective marking" malarkey is? Im gettin bio remarked but also some essay based subjects and people on the studentroom keep scaring me about this marking and how examiners are unlikely to give you higher marks ? wtf? of course essay subjects are gonna be subective thats the whole point.. its interpretation... does this apply to A2 exams or just the new AS exams.. someone reply quick im freaking out right now. Also has anyone had any essay subjects e.g. eco/ psych and Bio remarked yet? have they gone up or down ?
Original post by Anymorefor123
does anybody know what this " subjective marking" malarkey is? Im gettin bio remarked but also some essay based subjects and people on the studentroom keep scaring me about this marking and how examiners are unlikely to give you higher marks ? wtf? of course essay subjects are gonna be subective thats the whole point.. its interpretation... does this apply to A2 exams or just the new AS exams.. someone reply quick im freaking out right now. Also has anyone had any essay subjects e.g. eco/ psych and Bio remarked yet? have they gone up or down ?

Ive had Soc remarked and it went up a grade
Original post by Emilycunningham
Ive had Soc remarked and it went up a grade

How long did it take to come back? And was it priority or normal remarking?
Original post by musicisellipsis
How long did it take to come back? And was it priority or normal remarking?

Its actually a really funny story, my examiner sent it off by mistake! I asked him to just request my paper back lol but I think it takes about 6 weeks.
Original post by Emilycunningham
Its actually a really funny story, my examiner sent it off by mistake! I asked him to just request my paper back lol but I think it takes about 6 weeks.

Wow that's so lucky!! Well done though

Quick Reply

Latest