The Student Room Group

I don't know what to apply for at university

I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A-Level and am really enjoying my chosen subjects

The thing is... I've thought about applying for biochemistry and biomedical science but what job can you do after university? Hence why I've been thinking about applying for medicine as you can become a doctor (etc) afterwards. However the only problem with studying medicine is that I really REALLY don't like blood (or anything related) however I seem to be OK with dissections...?

Any advice? Because I have until the end of September to apply if I want to do something medicine related
Don't, whatever you do, rush your decision. There's nothing wrong with applying next year when you have a much better idea of what you want to do at university.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Don't, whatever you do, rush your decision. There's nothing wrong with applying next year when you have a much better idea of what you want to do at university.

I know, but I REALLY don't want to take a gap year because I know myself too well and know that I will just waste the year lazing around...
Reply 3
Have a look at some uni prospectuses and web sites - they often have profiles showing what people want to do.
It would be better t think of it the other way around - think about what you would like to do in the fur and find a course that would qualify you to follow that career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending