The Student Room Group

Shocking video of struggling UK citizens

In this video, normal British citizens are asked about their experiences of the NHS and their living standards.
The British citizens talk about waiting for 6+ hours to be treated. They also say how the NHS is understaffed and less-funded. They also say how the country is getting overcrowded and these people are struggling to get a Doctor's appointment.

These are your British neighbours. If you care about fairness and have an open mind, ignore the poster and title of the video. Just listen to what the normal British citizens in this video have to say.

[video="youtube;CQnt8yl0qhk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQnt8yl0qhk[/video]

The cause of this problem is our membership of the EU and the Single Market which does not let us control our borders and charges us membership money.

In 2014 our Conservative, David Cameron, (EU supporting) government paid the EU a NET figure of £34 million each day.
= £10 billion for the whole year

^^^ We could have spent that money on our NHS and our own priorities..

Remain supporters. The people in the video are your own people. You should be ashamed of yourselves for turning your back on the British people in this video and attempting to remain in a corrupt EU system which is bringing their living standards down and causing them distress. We've been in the EU system for many years and it has done f*** all for the average people.
Please reconsider your choices and have an open mind.

This is why I supported Nigel Farage. Because he was the guy that stood up against the European Union and the Single Market scam.

I dont agree with the BNP at all in most areas, but I do have an open mind and they do have some good points when it comes to standing up for our living standards and realising that our EU supporting government is wrecking British people's lives.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ashamed of ourselves? Now you're starting to sound deranged.

EU migrants pay more in tax than they take out, like our unbalanced economy that you also wrongly blame the EU for problems with the NHS are the fault of the UK govt. We'd have a larger budget deficit if it wasn't for EU workers paying more than their fair share.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Yea man, don't blame the failing government, blame the 4% of the population! How dare they improve our economy AND demand health services, for f*** sake. You'd think that 4% of the population wouldn't make THAT much of a difference, but apparently you know better than I do.
Reply 3
Original post by oShahpo
Yea man, don't blame the failing government, blame the 4% of the population! How dare they improve our economy AND demand health services, for f*** sake. You'd think that 4% of the population wouldn't make THAT much of a difference, but apparently you know better than I do.

If you read my post properly, you would see that I did not blame the immigrants at all and neither did Adam at the beginning of the video.

I wrote and blamed:

"The cause of this problem is our membership of the EU and the Single Market which does not let us control our borders and charges us membership money.

In 2014 our Conservative, David Cameron, (EU supporting) government paid the EU a NET figure of £34 million each day.
= £10 billion for the whole year "
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo

I mean those young EU migrants must put more strain on the NHS than all the pensioners in Spain do on the local equivalent.
Immigrants are not the reaaon the NHS is on its knees, they are just an easy and convenient target to deflect on to.

The people who are at fault for the NHS is the govenrment that runs it. The NHS has massive issues, from basic structural things, an inability to retain staff or hire new staff in key areas, shrinking budgets (by % of GDP) and a minister in charge who appears to have no interest in listening to reason when it comes to the Torys wide rangin, incredibly expwnsive and ultimately pointless restructuring.

If anybody is idiotic enough to think that the NHS will be fine in 5-10 years for the sole reason we will have less immigrants (we might not, but thats bezide the poiint) they need their head checking.
Reply 6
The proportion of EU immigrants within the NHS is the same as that of EU immigrants in the population*.

Bang.

One single fact completely destroys your ignorance. And why Leave are such shameless liars.

Good night.

*Doctors it's actually twice as high.
Original post by Naveed-7
If you read my post properly, you would see that I did not blame the immigrants at all.

I wrote and blamed:

"The cause of this problem is our membership of the EU and the Single Market which does not let us control our borders and charges us membership money.

To put things into context the Bank of England had to put £60 billion of QE into the economy because of the problems the referendum caused and we haven't even left yet.
Reply 8
Original post by JamesN88
I mean those young EU migrants must put more strain on the NHS than all the pensioners in Spain do on the local equivalent.

Yup. OP's ignorance is mind-boggling.

I work in insurance and health insurers actually have to build huge reserves, specifically called old-age reserves, for the simple fact that old people cost them a TON more. Young people subsidize old people in health insurance. And if one actually stopped to think about it, that is even common sense. But I suppose if the referendum has showed us anything, it's that the majority of Brits lack common sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
lot of fat people in blackburn...
If you read my post properly, you would see that I did not blame the immigrants at all and neither did Adam at the beginning of the video.

I wrote and blamed:

That's even worse. Do you know how much a day we spend on the NHS? Appx 320 million pounds. If we say that the 34 million will definitely return to us, 100% (as if leaving the EU and retracting our financial services and trade agreements are not going to cost anything at all), and even assume that this 34 million will all go to the NHS (both of which are stupid assumptions), then that's only 10% NHS budget. Do you think a 10% increase in the NHS budget (as impossible as it is) is worth losing free trade and the contributions of EU migrants to the UK economy?
Yet another argument for:

1) A strict vigilant immigration system complete with extra vigilant border security,

2) The replacement of the NHS with a private, free market, for-profit insurance based service.
In this video, normal British citizens are asked about their experiences of the NHS and their living standards.
The British citizens talk about waiting for 6+ hours to be treated. They also say how the NHS is understaffed and less-funded. They also say how the country is getting overcrowded and these people are struggling to get a Doctor's appointment.

These are your British neighbours. If you care about fairness and have an open mind, ignore the poster and title of the video. Just listen to what the normal British citizens in this video have to say.

[video="youtube;CQnt8yl0qhk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQnt8yl0qhk[/video]

The cause of this problem is our membership of the EU and the Single Market which does not let us control our borders and charges us membership money.

^^^ We could have spent that money on our NHS and our own priorities.

Remain supporters. The people in the video are your own people. You should be ashamed of yourselves for turning your back on the British people in this video and attempting to remain in a corrupt EU system which is bringing their living standards down and causing them distress. We've been in the EU system for many years and it has done f*** all for the average people.

This is why I supported Nigel Farage. Because he was the guy that stood up against the European Union and the Single Market scam.

I dont agree with the BNP at all in most areas, but I do have an open mind and they do have some good points when it comes to standing up for our living standards and realising that our EU supporting government is wrecking British people's lives.

Blame UK government for underfunding NHS. EU/Migrants only count for a little amount.

^^^ We could have spent that money on our NHS and our own priorities.

The NHS has money, but too much of it is spent on unnecessary beaurocracy and middle management rather than the actual patients or to fund more doctors and nurses.
Reply 14
Original post by #ChaosKass
Yet another argument for:

1) A strict vigilant immigration system complete with extra vigilant border security,

2) The replacement of the NHS with a private, free market, for-profit insurance based service.

Yet another example of the ignorance of people like you.

Read my post above :smile:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
The NHS has money, but too much of it is spent on unnecessary beaurocracy and middle management rather than the actual patients or to fund more doctors and nurses.

This is true.

My old man works in IT for the NHS, he's done a system spec four times recently and they keep saying it's not what they need. When he asks them what they need they don't give a clear answer, just that it isn't that.

In the end he's told them to do one(as he works freelance) and is sticking with his private sector work until when or if they make their minds up.

It is easy to say. Successive governments how vowed to cut waste in the NHS. Successive governments have failed. When you consider how vast and complex the NHS is, what it does and achieves, then compare that to other healthcare systems around the world, not only is it amazing, but also very good value for money.

It is easy to say get rid of middle management but it is only afterwards that you realise they are there for good reasons. Everyone needs a manager.
The problem is that the government has underfunded the NHS. It's typical tory tactics, underfund and undermine the NHS then use its failures to argue it needs to be privatised.

Can you provide more details. How much is spent on unnecessary bureaucracy? Can you point out which bits are unnecessary and why?

How much has been spent on middle management?
Original post by JamesN88
This is true.

My old man works in IT for the NHS, he's done a system spec four times recently and they keep saying it's not what they need. When he asks them what they need they don't give a clear answer, just that it isn't that.

In the end he's told them to do one(as he works freelance) and is sticking with his private sector work until when or if they make their minds up.

I know loads of people who have done contract work for the NHS and I don't think I've heard a single one come away from it without horror stories about how completely wasteful and inefficient the departments they dealt with were. We're talking everything from electricians being paid call out fees to change light bulbs (I'm not exaggerating. This is an actual example) to IT workers echoing your dad's experience to building contractors building, deconstructing and rebuilding things repeatedly because the management they were dealing with were clueless about what it is they were paying the contractors for and what was required and why.

Trust me, ask anybody who's worked as a contractor for the NHS pre-2008 and none of them will tell you the problem with the NHS was a lack of money. How much was it, for example, they spunked up the wall on that IT project that turned out to be completely unfit for purpose in the mid-2000s? Costed at £2.3 billion and ended up more like £15 billion.

What they needed was not a cut of middle-management. That's a pleb argument. What they needed was their management to be more accountable so that they spent their budgets properly. A change in the culture. Instead they just got cuts and the same management and then they wonder why we have problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending