Specifically catholic church.
But any (serious) answers would be appreciated. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Electrospective

Depends which denomination you go to :tongue:
Also what time

Generally speaking catholic churches have masses in the morning where you listen to a sermon, sing a few hymns and then communion happens where you can go to the front and receive holy bread and water/ wine
But what is the ambience like? Is everyone all serious?
You get to see Jesus.
Boring (from my 19 years of experience of being forced to go to church)
But what is the ambience like? Is everyone all serious?

Well obviously everyone is usually quiet during the service itself, at least in Catholic and CofE churches because it's rude to talk when someone is preaching. In my experience charismatic and protestant services tend to be a bit more laid back and friendly. That's not to say that catholic/ CofE services are completely devoid of humour but yes, they are more serious. After the service though most people are usually friendly and very willing to chat regardless of denomination
Original post by hamza772000
You get to see Jesus.

Mashallah :colonhash:

Ohh okay. So what do sermons tend to be about?

More like Astaghfirullah :mmm:
opening prayers, two readings from the Bible with a sung Psalm, Gospe by the Priest followed by his Homily and then the Eucharist. There are hymns in between. I dont tend to like the Sunday Mass because of all the singing and its the one children usually go to and families so the Saturday vigil is better in my opinion. you should try and attend a Latin Rite mass if possible, theyre incredibly interesting.

It's difficult to generalise because each priest/ pastor is different and their preaching has a unique style but generally speaking the priest will read a passage or two out of the NT (New Testament) and try to relate it to modern life. Usually they will try and incorporate some humour into the sermon and if they're really good some exegesis and historical context will be applied which is interesting in it's own right (at least for me personally)
Its quiet
Cold
Echoey
Dull
Hymnful
Biblical

Spoiler

Usually it has a repeating structure. Generic prayer, Modern day issue, Quotes from bible for guidance, explain quotes and perhaps give historical context. Generic prayer. Then get some bread and wine. Generic prayer and leave.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Its quiet
Cold
Echoey
Dull
Hymnful
Biblical

Spoiler

It's to windy and all the surfaces are hard and cold.
Original post by MrKmas508
It's to windy and all the surfaces are hard and cold.

XD This I agree with also :yy:Its always chilly!!!
Original post by JNDSAN
opening prayers, two readings from the Bible with a sung Psalm, Gospe by the Priest followed by his Homily and then the Eucharist. There are hymns in between. I dont tend to like the Sunday Mass because of all the singing and its the one children usually go to and families so the Saturday vigil is better in my opinion. you should try and attend a Latin Rite mass if possible, theyre incredibly interesting.

Oooh okay. But I can't speak latin....:tongue:

Ah alright ^_^ Are you christian yourself? :biggrin:

Ah alright ^_^ Are you christian yourself? :biggrin:

Indeed :smile: I've even been baptised as an adult which was interesting
Reply 16
child sacrifice and gang bangs.

neither can I, I just like it being spoken and that mass was held for centuries but was only replaced in the 1960s but it feels much more divine in my opinion
definately depends on denomination.
My church is a part of Vineyard churches uk, they are friendly and more upbeat, we start of with refreshments and welcomes, general announcements about church goings on and then a time of worship then the message for the sunday, then more worship and closing prayer - as a church we are very much focused on worship and praying for one and other. :smile:
It depends on which church really.

I like mu church, its live and not boring like your stereotypical church

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending