The Student Room Group

Oxbridge

I just recently received my results and i'm just trying to decide between Oxford and Cambridge and i was just wondering given my set of results which i'll post below, just based on that alone which of the two i'll have a higher chance of getting into to study mathematics. Also, i would really appreciate if someone could just recommend me a few readable math books that i could use to broaden my mathematical knowledge while also providing me something interesting to write in my PS.

Results: Math (A*) Further Math (A*) Physics (A*) Chemistry (A*) Overall UMS: 97.5 Step paper 1 grade 1.
Singapore GCE O level: 6 A1s

Thank you so much for reading this! Pretty new to this forum so i'm not really sure how to do the spoiler thing to cover my results. Sorry!
Hi, are you applying from Singapore as an International Student??? I assume those are your A level grades (or did you do them in the UK?)
Reply 2
Cambridge requires high grades in STEP, which is very hard. Cambridge's admissions is less transparent, and offers vary from candidate to candidate. Oxford probably has the better course in terms of breath and depth and accelerates you more in the first and second year more than Cambridge's course does.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Alex:
Cambridge requires high grades in STEP, which is very hard. Oxford's admissions is less transparent, and offers vary from candidate to candidate. Oxford probably has the better course in terms of breath and depth and accelerates you more in the first and second year more than Cambridge's course does.

Oxford has a standard offer. What are you referring to? It's Cambridge where colleges sometimes make non-standard offers.
Reply 4
Original post by RichE
Oxford has a standard offer. What are you referring to? It's Cambridge where colleges sometimes make non-standard offers.

You're right, it should say "Cambridge".

Quick Reply

Latest