The Student Room Group

Help! As grades are bad should i carry on biology?

Help!
I got my as results and i got a U in biology. My teacher still let me carry on biology as that grade would not count towards a2.

Today i was talking to someone and they said there is no point in doing a2 biology if you did really bad because unis see these grades.

I dunno if i should carry it on or not.
Original post by Kalikuku
Help!
I got my as results and i got a U in biology. My teacher still let me carry on biology as that grade would not count towards a2.

Today i was talking to someone and they said there is no point in doing a2 biology if you did really bad because unis see these grades.

You need to think and reflect on why you scored the U grade. A2 is going to be a fair bit harder than AS, so you'll need to think about if you'll be able to manage it.
Help!

Depends on you. If you can improve your grade by reappearing for it, then it's fine otherwise drop it off.
Help!

First tell me what were your full AS grades and what do you possibly want to do in uni.
Reply 4
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
First tell me what were your full AS grades and what do you possibly want to do in uni.

I wanna do midwifery in the future in bcu or coventry maybe. I got a grade U. They say you don't necessarily need biology but its way better. I do sociology aswell.
Reply 5
Original post by sabahshahed294
Depends on you. If you can improve your grade by reappearing for it, then it's fine otherwise drop it off.

The teacher said I don't need to retake because it doesn't count towards my a2
I wanna do midwifery in the future in bcu or coventry maybe. I got a grade U. They say you don't necessarily need biology but its way better. I do sociology aswell.

Hmm...I believe you need a science in midwifery, and I believe the grade requirements are high? What did you get in your other a levels? That way I can help.
Reply 7
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
Hmm...I believe you need a science in midwifery, and I believe the grade requirements are high? What did you get in your other a levels? That way I can help.

E in IT and RE and a C in sociology 😁😁 but i genuinely feel like i will be able to do better in a2 cause i have more motivation
It depends. Have you been trying your best during As, because if a U is the result you got after working hard then yes, you may have to drop it.
However, If you know that you've been slacking and you could do well in it, then I suggest you stick it out, and start working harder.
Don't let the fact that your chosen uni will know your result stop you, if in the end you get a good grade you can get in through clearing, or take a gap year and re apply.
(Also if you dislike the subject then drop it)

Quick Reply

Latest