The Student Room Group

IS this a BTEC? "Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computer Science(for IT practitioners)

Edit: Yes it is!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Miljee
Full course title is:
"Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computer Science(for IT practitioners) Year 1 of 2 Group A"

It's at Eastleigh College, Southampton; a 2 year course. It sells itself as being a BTEC without actually saying so.

NO idea what units they'll offer! Until end of July term, they were still toying with going with Edexcel/Pearson instead (which is what they offer at Brockenhurst sixth form which was my first choice but is 20 miles away, one bus per day each way).

I am having no luck at all at getting them to TALK to me about whether this is 'IT' or 'Computing', and whether a DMM in it would get me into, say Bournemouth Uni (that's their asked for grades for BTEC this year to do Computing there).

Anyone know? I have to make my mind up asap as I'm dropping out of AS/A2s. I have a place at both but Eastleigh would be way more convenient IF it's the course I want!

Thanks!

It is a BTEC as for content each college can choose from 60different units.
There is no computer science btec it is all IT

DDD would get you into Brunel which is 41st for compscience
D*D*D* would get you in Cardiff top 20

DMM would get you into Greenwich 60th

I did same as you and am #goingtobrunel
Reply 2
Original post by niteninja1
It is a BTEC as for content each college can choose from 60different units.
There is no computer science btec it is all IT

DDD would get you into Brunel which is 41st for compscience
D*D*D* would get you in Cardiff top 20

DMM would get you into Greenwich 60th

I did same as you and am #goingtobrunel

the new 2016 spec for BTEC includes BTEC Computer science and BTEC Computing, the IT BTEC will be phased out by 2017 although most of the units have stayed the same from the 2010 IT spec
Original post by yt7777
the new 2016 spec for BTEC includes BTEC Computer science and BTEC Computing, the IT BTEC will be phased out by 2017 although most of the units have stayed the same from the 2010 IT spec

Grades will still be about right though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending