The Student Room Group

What is freashers week like for those commuting to university?

I always hear about people drinking and clubbing when hearing about freasher stories, but I do neither. So what is it like for those who are just going for the day, not living there ect
You're gonna get left out, bullied, noone will even want to add you on facebook, and your will to carry on living will drop faster than your grade drops to 2:2
Reply 2
Original post by Emilycunningham
I always hear about people drinking and clubbing when hearing about freasher stories, but I do neither. So what is it like for those who are just going for the day, not living there ect

I hate to tell you this but it sounds like you are going to have a great time, meet new friends and learn a great deal about the various students and societies.
Original post by Alexoso
I hate to tell you this but it sounds like you are going to have a great time, meet new friends and learn a great deal about the various students and societies.

I sense sarcasm- I hate to tell you this but if you think you can ONLY make friends by going drinking with them at night you should be worried about your self.
Original post by Alexoso

I dont need to live there in order to join societies
Reply 5
I sense sarcasm- I hate to tell you this but if you think you can ONLY make friends by going drinking with them at night you should be worried about your self.

I'm saying you will be fine there's no need to worry, people will be in the exact same position as you and you can have fun no matter what events you go to or don't go to.

Hello :smile:

It doesn't matter that you do neither, you can still enjoy the events. Throughout Freshers week there are day time and night time events - usually run and held by the SU. You can attend these are they are tasters of societies or things like Freshers Fairs where you can talk to local businesses and university lecturers and what not - the evening events are basically massive socials and it's just one of those side things that the majority of people that go to them, drink and go clubbing! It doesn't mean you can't attend them though, you could still attend and meet people off your course and make friends - if you don't because you commute, it'll just make it a little harder to meet new people and make friends but it doesn't make it impossible!

Best of luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest