The Student Room Group

Nursing Interview

I gotten a place for Nursing through clearing and have an interview tomorrow, can anyone help me out with any of the questions they may ask? Will they be hard or complicated? I don't have much knowledge on Nursing.
Reply 1
You may be more likely to get a reply if you re-post this in the Nursing and Midwifery thread :smile:

Good luck for your interview!
Original post by Studentxoxo
I gotten a place for Nursing through clearing and have an interview tomorrow, can anyone help me out with any of the questions they may ask? Will they be hard or complicated? I don't have much knowledge on Nursing.

If you don't have much knowledge on nursing I suggest you read up a little on health care etc and what is currently going on in the field you have chosen to do.
They're not expecting you to know everything otherwise you wouldn't be applying for the course!
However, know your reasons for applying and good luck.
All universities interview differently so it would be difficult to give you specific advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
If you don't have much knowledge on nursing I suggest you read up a little on health care etc and what is currently going on in the field you have chosen to do.
They're not expecting you to know everything otherwise you wouldn't be applying for the course!
However, know your reasons for applying and good luck.
All universities interview differently so it would be difficult to give you specific advice!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've researched and I would be able to answer the following questions:
Why do you want to be a nurse, what characteristics are needed, what are the values and behavior needed (6cs), Where could you work, What do Nurses do, How have your A level subjects contributed to preparing you for this degree. Anything I've missed out?
What do you mean by what is currently going on? I researched and found nothing?
I'm so worried, last time I sat in an interview was over 2 years ago :frown:
No worries, I appreciate this already, thank you so much :smile:x
Original post by Lcyfrn
You may be more likely to get a reply if you re-post this in the Nursing and Midwifery thread :smile:

Good luck for your interview!

I thought I did lol
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
I've researched and I would be able to answer the following questions:
Why do you want to be a nurse, what characteristics are needed, what are the values and behavior needed (6cs), Where could you work, What do Nurses do, How have your A level subjects contributed to preparing you for this degree. Anything I've missed out?
What do you mean by what is currently going on? I researched and found nothing?
I'm so worried, last time I sat in an interview was over 2 years ago :frown:
No worries, I appreciate this already, thank you so much :smile:x

BBC Health News and RCN are good for current Nursing/Health News
Original post by Lcyfrn
BBC Health News and RCN are good for current Nursing/Health News

I can't find anything :frown: I don't get the question, issues todo what Nursing like what, the budget cuts?
Reply 7
I can't find anything :frown: I don't get the question, issues todo what Nursing like what, the budget cuts?

That would probably be a good one, I think you just need to show that you're up-to-date on what's going in in health care. The scrapping of the NHS student bursary is probably pretty relevant right now.

I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery forum.*

If you check out the link in my signature there is a really good Wiki article on nursing interviews which should be helpful to you. *
This probably isn't useful to you now but for anyone who may have nursing interviews in the future this may be helpful.

I've been to nursing interviews at Birmingham, Kings College London and University of East Anglia and they were all of a similar structure. There is a maths and literacy test that is taken (I found them extremely easy although I don't think there is quite enough time to do the literacy test as you get 20 mins so be aware of time!). Once you've done your tests depending on the uni depends on what happens next. At Kings you have to pass these tests to be able to continue whereas others it's just to test your ability to see if you need extra help and may occur the same day as the interview.

After the test you take part in an MMI (mini multiple interview). There are different people that you go and talk to who have different questions. These people can be from admissions team, current nursing students or lecturers etc. You will have a time limit at each station to answer questions given. These can range from what you would do in different scenarios to describing what you can see in images and obviously the typical question "Why do you want to study Nursing".

Hope this is useful to anyone! Good luck to anyone with their interviews.

(I have a confirmed place at Kings for Adult Nursing 2017)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I pretty much thought that nursing is oversubscribed for it to be in clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending