The Student Room Group

Uni Accommodation All Same Sex?

Hi,
At my uni i didnt get the accommodation i wanted, i have been put in one sharing with 14 people for the kitchem, they will all be male im guessing as its a shared bathroom and the uni implies it. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of accommodation?
Original post by Robert8x
Hi,
At my uni i didnt get the accommodation i wanted, i have been put in one sharing with 14 people for the kitchem, they will all be male im guessing as its a shared bathroom and the uni implies it. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of accommodation?

Hello :smile:

When I was in First Year and living on campus, I lived on a corridor of forty people, half of them were boys and half were girls and we shared two ends of the corridor. So mainly, I was surrounded by males and didn't really phase me much. At the end of the day, you'll either make friends with them which is cool or you'll go about your own business and won't talk to them really - it's just living normally. Shared bathrooms are decent as they are 'usually' cleaned daily by cleaning staff and it's just like sharing with a family at home apart from these are people you don't know and they may have different bathroom habits.

You'll be fine! :biggrin:
Afraid so...

I think the testosterone levels were slightly too high by virtue of a lack of regular female company, but it wasn't too bad in the end - the people were mostly nice and that was the main thing.
Original post by SeanFM
Afraid so...

I think the testosterone levels were slightly too high by virtue of a lack of regular female company, but it wasn't too bad in the end - the people were mostly nice and that was the main thing.

Wait a minute, shared bathroom = single sex accommodation?
Original post by postexamtalk
Wait a minute, shared bathroom = single sex accommodation?

Oh sorry, I didn't think that was what the question was asking but I see it now. Not necessarily. Our bathroom had no urinals, just unixsex toilets.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:

When I was in First Year and living on campus, I lived on a corridor of forty people, half of them were boys and half were girls and we shared two ends of the corridor. So mainly, I was surrounded by males and didn't really phase me much. At the end of the day, you'll either make friends with them which is cool or you'll go about your own business and won't talk to them really - it's just living normally. Shared bathrooms are decent as they are 'usually' cleaned daily by cleaning staff and it's just like sharing with a family at home apart from these are people you don't know and they may have different bathroom habits.

You'll be fine! :biggrin:

thanks man :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest