The Student Room Group

The hero of United Kingdom

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Naveed-7
Nigel Farage just wants to regain control of our borders

Britain had the best border deal in Europe: the UK retained opt-outs from aspects of the Common Asylum policy, and us not being in the Schengen area put a massive barrier between us and those who Leave feared.

Do you want the UK to still participate in free trade with the EU? Because if we continue our access with the single market we will have to accept the free movement of labour and could possibly be forced to sign the Schengen Agreement.

be able to govern ourselves gain our independence

The UK retains sovereignty over its monetary policy, sovereign supervision over its borders, sovereignty of its entire domestic policy and the bulk of its justice system (where the UK opted into Eur Arrest Warrant and SIS). And I've yet to hear of a modern case when Europe has exercised its superiority over British law (factortame is old news) in any significant way to warrant total removal of the UK from Europe.
policy.png

Cameron's deal earlier this year had secured a stronger mechanism for the blocking of new EU law by national governments whereby if 55% of national governments come together in opposition, the EU parliament cannot consider until its been amended. Taking 'more power from Brussels'.
But this deal is now void thanks to Brexit.

Nigel Farage is not a racist. He has said many times that UK and EU should get their troops out of Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, etc and stop bothering other countries.

I agree that Farage is more than likely not racist, but is that really how you'd go about proving that Farage isn't racist?
"I know that alot of people that come from Bulgaria and Romania will be very decent people who want to work hard, and want to better there lives. But free movement doesn't work in the European Union now that we have countries that are poor.
A man that comes from Bucharest and works in London, and gets child benefit. That child benefit is worth more than he could actually earn doing a good job in bucharest. That is the reason why the numbers coming to Britain will be absolutely high.
It is unfair on working people. It is leading to lower wages. It is leading to higher youth unemployment and it is leading to divided communities.
Our Prime Minster David Cameron with the support of Labour and the Lib Dems, now wants to extend this principle of open borders from the Atlantic to Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Turkey, etc.

And Mr Cameron, Do not surrender in any way the European military integration. Many in this room would have bombed Syria if Europe had that capability. Thank God it did not.

We want an immigration system just like Australia's, by saying we want people who have got skills to bring to our country. We dont want people who could have life threatening diseases. We dont want people who have got criminal records. And we want to make our own decisions on who comes to Britain. We are not discriminatory. We just want to control our own borders and live in our own democracy, and we cannot do that as members of the European Union"
- Nigel Farage

[video="youtube;tNr3fXXK92s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNr3fXXK92s[/video]
Anyone going to mention his wife? A foreigner. Add "hypocrite" to the list of traits he possess.
Original post by Trapz99
A guy called 'Naveed' supports Farage? Lol wtf

Why wouldnt I support Farrage mate? Can anyone give me a reason??

Im not an establishment/popular bum kisser like every other Asian Remainer out there. I grew up to think for myself, and to look at the European Union from a very large perspective., because the European Union IS a very large topic. And because I also respect the foundation of this country and what it used to be.

Im hopefully going to have children in this country one day. I want them to live in a secure, democratic, independant, less restricted, free trade nation with many opportunities open for them.
Why wouldnt I support Farrage mate? Can anyone give me a reason??

Im not an establishment/popular bum kisser like every other Asian Remainer out there. I grew up to think for myself, and to look at the European Union from a very large perspective., because the European Union IS a very large topic. And because I also respect the foundation of this country and what it used to be.

Im hopefully going to have children in this country one day. I want them to live in a secure, democratic, independant, less restricted, free trade nation with many opportunities open for them.

Why are you saying that people, whose ethnic background is Asian, that voted Remain are 'bum kissers'. Could they not say you are Mr Farage's bum kisser?
Original post by HelpusPleasus
Anyone going to mention his wife? A foreigner. Add "hypocrite" to the list of traits he possess.

Nigel Farage:: "She earns a very modest salary for working extremely unsociable hours for me, being available 7 days a week."

Reporter: No-one is capable of doing that job?

Nigel: "What marrying me? ...I said that somebody has to be working at midnight, 1 o clock, 2 o clock in the morning, unsociable hours and that happens to be my wife. For seven years she did the job unpaid. For the last few years she did the job with a modest salary, and now shes doing it unpaid again"

[video="youtube;y4V3mEw4_Ec"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4V3mEw4_Ec[/video]

Yep. Anti-establishment.
Nigel Farage:: "She earns a very modest salary for working extremely unsociable hours for me, being available 7 days a week."

Reporter: No-one is capable of doing that job?

Nigel: "What marrying me? ...I said that somebody has to be working at midnight, 1 o clock, 2 o clock in the morning, unsociable hours and that happens to be my wife. For seven years she did the job unpaid. For the last few years she did the job with a modest salary, and now shes doing it unpaid again"

[video="youtube;y4V3mEw4_Ec"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4V3mEw4_Ec[/video]

But what's the difference between her and any other "foreigner"? If anyone else wanted to work that why should they be kept out?
Original post by BasicMistake

Yep. Anti-establishment.

Im anti-Remain but Im not going to reject or shun every Remainer I see am I?
We would still integrate and respect them.

You are taking that picture out of context.
But what's the difference between her and any other "foreigner"? If anyone else wanted to work that why should they be kept out?

The difference is that he is married to her.

This is priceless.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/nigel-farage-flustered-by-lbc-caller-over-lack-of-language-skills-as-mep-i-m-not-a-brilliant-a7141301.html
Nigel Farage is an awful person. I'd support the idea of him being packed onto a raft and pushed out to sea, however I suspect that'd constitute littering. Our beautiful oceans do not deserve having such trash floated out on to them.
He's a demagogue. Nothing more.
I found Gove to be far more impressive in the debates personally and i also thought he brought far more credibility.
Original post by Rakas21
I found Gove to be far more impressive in the debates personally and i also thought he brought far more credibility.

I found Nigel Farage impressive but I also found Michael Gove impressive too.
I think both were credible. Gove was a little bit more credible I guess.
But I think Farage was still a strong debater fighting for the right side.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's Mandingo.

But I think Farage was still a strong debater fighting for the right side.

It's very easy to put in a strong performance in a debate when you gave no regard for the truth.
Original post by InnerTemple
It's very easy to put in a strong performance in a debate when you gave no regard for the truth.

PRSOM.

:laugh::laugh:
Good old Nigel.

The anti-immigration champ who's descended from refugees.

You couldn't ****in write it.
Original post by InnerTemple

He was speaking the truth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending