The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
what's a preferred name?
Original post by Yua
what's a preferred name?

some ppl called Jonathan but prefer to be called John
Original post by Yua
Well I don't have a CV, so I guess that'll be my first step.

I kinda wanna know about that too......does no cv/VERY weak cv means automatic rejection?(lack of work experience/EC) or is there anything to compensate for it😰😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 363
which is more competitive, AM or IB?
Original post by Yua

doesn't matter, that's now how you should be making decisions. Should be entirely based on interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 365
Original post by Princepieman
doesn't matter, that's now how you should be making decisions. Should be entirely based on interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry? I think you should re-read my question.
Original post by Yua
Sorry? I think you should re-read my question.

They are both equally competitive but if you are more interested in one then that one will be less competitive for you since you'd be a better applicant for it.
Original post by Geromi912
I kinda wanna know about that too......does no cv/VERY weak cv means automatic rejection?(lack of work experience/EC) or is there anything to compensate for it😰😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

A weak CV would be automatic rejection, yes.
Reply 368
Original post by Trapz99
They are both equally competitive but if you are more interested in one then that one will be less competitive for you since you'd be a better applicant for it.

Good answer.
How important are A level grades for SWs?

Is AAA (maths, physics, chem) good enough for IB/trading?
Original post by Gman786
How important are A level grades for SWs?

Is AAA (maths, physics, chem) good enough for IB/trading?

not that important. if you have 300-340 ucas points you're in the running

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo prince you seem to know a lot about this stuff. Have you completed multiple spring weeks/ summer internships?

Are you in a full time position atm?

Thanks for the help
Reply 372
Be concise and to the point, quadruple check spelling and grammar, make sure your CV is in a good format and has accurate information on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it matter if my CV is 1 and a half page long or does it have to be 1 page? I can make it one page but would have to make the font really small and cut out some work experience stuff etc :frown:
Original post by Vegan_
Does it matter if my CV is 1 and a half page long or does it have to be 1 page? I can make it one page but would have to make the font really small and cut out some work experience stuff etc :frown:

1 page always, there's no need to go above that. Don't make the font small, just get rid of unnecessary content. Pick the best examples that sell you the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gman786
Yo prince you seem to know a lot about this stuff. Have you completed multiple spring weeks/ summer internships?

Are you in a full time position atm?

Thanks for the help

Nah, I'm just here to help answer questions for people unfamiliar. Been networking with bankers and learning about the career since I was 14-15, and have a network of bankers and students going (who've done SWs and internships) into banking across several banks. So i know thing or two.

I'm only applying to SWs myself this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any idea how I could convert my Italian Diploma score into UCAS points? I achieved an overall of 85%, not sure what it would be. You'd say I'm in the range?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Adrono
Any idea how I could convert my Italian Diploma score into UCAS points? I achieved an overall of 85%, not sure what it would be. You'd say I'm in the range?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, definitely above the range.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by exitopp
interview invite for jpm sw already?

Yassssss
Original post by Yua
Little complicated to say for sure as it's a combination of how many places are available, how many applicants there are and how good the top candidates that happen to apply for either one are in comparison.
Original post by JackR7821
Yassssss

I applied 2 weeks ago and my application is still being reviewed.

When did you apply and how long did it take to get interview invite?

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending