The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by augustusboi
I have an idea, how about not playing the adhan for every prayer, rather just for the Jum'ah friday prayers. Only once a week during Midday, not so bad.

But personally, I am against making the adhan 5 times a day. This would only make serve against Muslim interests and only play up much more anti-Muslim sentiments amongst the wider British populace and the whole "Eurabia" crap and is not necessary. At most, a single adhan for the Jum'ah prayers could be sensible perhaps, a once per week thing in a okay timing. Just make sure the Mu'adhin has a beautiful voice so as to not disturb or bother non Muslims and soothe them to an extent.

How about we do not have any islamic calls at all.
If you want one get yourself a phone and a app that reminds you when you need to go and pray.
Original post by AperfectBalance
How about we do not have any islamic calls at all.
If you want one get yourself a phone and a app that reminds you when you need to go and pray.

It would be ok if it's Friday evening once a week to remind me to get a kebab, but please not in the morning
Original post by The Sexathlete
It would be ok if it's Friday evening once a week to remind me to get a kebab, but please not in the morning

Ahahahha. Call to Kebab.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Ahahahha. Call to Kebab.

:angelblush:

Spoiler

dont know if its been mentioned but it already does happen in tower hamlets, no prizes for guessing the demographic of the area

no wonder its a raging shithole
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NickLCFC
Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

Where is the petition so I can sign NO
Original post by HAnwar
Having it on the streets where everyone can hear it is so much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then please move to Saudi Arabia.
Original post by ODES_PDES
Then please move to Saudi Arabia.

No :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EastGuava
We should let Muslims practise stoning next :biggrin:

*"honour killing"
Like other muslims have said, this isn't a good idea. The morning call would piss more people off causing more distance between muslims and themselves. How about we simply find out what time it is to pray, put an alarm or use an app and pray at home or go to your mosque. I don't know why the loud call is needed when everything works fine now. This will cause more harm than good, especially with these times. Hopefully, an arab/islamic ruled country will become a secular state, send a good message out there.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
*"honour killing"

"savagery"
Original post by IYGB
NEVER!
I am tempted to start a petition to the opposite

do it!

you already have the call to prayer blasted a few times a day from mosques in some area of the country, its absolute *******s that it is allowed in a country like England
Get ****ed...
Original post by abcde3237
do it!

you already have the call to prayer blasted a few times a day from mosques in some area of the country, its absolute *******s that it is allowed in a country like England

Could you imagine Christians having the nerve to ring church bells in Saudia Arabia? They wouldn't get out alive
Just no

What's up sexy boi? Wanna get naughty with me?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Could you imagine Christians having the nerve to ring church bells in Saudia Arabia? They wouldn't get out alive

Why is Saudi Arabia always the representative of the Muslim populace? I mean Egypt is 3 times as big, pretty much one of the largest Muslim countries in the world, and there church bells are rung every Sunday. I am against the Adhan here but it pisses me off when people choose less than 1% of the Muslim population to represent all of them.
Original post by oShahpo
Why is Saudi Arabia always the representative of the Muslim populace? I mean Egypt is 3 times as big, pretty much one of the largest Muslim countries in the world, and there church bells are rung every Sunday. I am against the Adhan here but it pisses me off when people choose less than 1% of the Muslim population to represent all of them.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21705365-violence-only-one-problems-faced-christians-egypt-crimes-and-no

For real brah?

"a teacher in Minya who filmed his students mocking the jihadists of Islamic State was convicted in court of blasphemy and sentenced to three years in prison."

Anti-ISIS = prison in Egypt. Tell me again how ISIS does not represent Islam. That whole religion is a complete joke. And the west is getting more and more tired of its excuses.
(edited 7 years ago)
The issue here above all else is amplification.

Muslims do not need for any reason to hear the call to prayer and the petition gives the game away on that by excluding calls at anti-social times.

Few people would complain if a muezzin went to the top of a tall tower and made the call with his own unamplified voice 5 times a day. It would be seen as quaint.

Bell ringing is not comparable because it is part of the social history of this country. No-one would allow churches or anyone else to introduce a new method of making regular loud noises.

The reason for this proposal is to extend the reach of political Islam. It is no different to the 19th century innovation of church congregations parading through towns; to show their numerical strength and power in comparison with rival denominations.
Original post by oShahpo

If Egypt is the example we have of how Muslims treat 'others' then they are just as bad and perhaps even worse than Saudi.

Latest

Trending

Trending